Minutes of the Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting (Construction Phase) via Google Meet on Thursday 30 July 2020 at 5:30pm Continue reading
LHNCC’s notes on the following planning matters have just been updated. See the bold items on the following pages:
- Aldi supermarket (Dock St)
- 1 Bath Road/Salamander Street
- 198 Great Junction Street
- 106-162 Leith Walk (Steads Place)
- Industry Lane/120 Ferry Road
- ‘Ocean Mist’ floating hotel
- Ocean Terminal shopping centre
- Port of Leith distillery
- South Leith Parish Church wall
- Tower Street
- Waterfront Plaza (Ocean Drive)
- Western Harbour – residential development
- Western Harbour – new primary school
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at the Leith Community Education Centre on Tuesday 25 February 2020 at 7pm Continue reading
Minutes of the Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting (No 1 Construction Phase), at 200 Bonnington Rd, on Thursday 30 January at 5:30pm Continue reading
adapted from an email from Trams to Newhaven. For more information, please see their latest Project Newsletter.
Please note that construction work on the Trams to Newhaven project will pause for Christmas and New Year from 5.00pm on 20 December 2019 until 7.00am on Monday 6 January 2020.
All open excavations on Constitution Street have been backfilled with sand to protect the ground conditions. Footways have been reinstated where possible and the majority of traffic management on Leith Walk will be removed, with barriers remaining around street lighting columns and build-outs.
During the festive period, we will secure all construction site entry and exit gates using a coded padlock. All emergency services have been given the code should they need to gain access and the site will be inspected twice a day.
The scaffolding at the South Leith Parish Church wall will remain in place over the festive period and will be inspected regularly.
Our contact centre opening hours over the period are:
- Saturday 21st December 2019 – Monday 23rd December 2019 8:00am to 8:00pm
- Tuesday 24th December 2019 & Tuesday 31st December 2019 8:00am to 6:00pm
- Friday 27th December 2019 – Monday 30th December 2019 8:00am to 8:00pm
- Friday 3rd January 2020 – Sunday 5th January 2020 8:00am to 8:00pm
How to contact the project
The contact centre will be closed on the following days although calls will be auto-forwarded to the on-call team:
- Wednesday 25th December 2019
- Thursday 26th December 2019
- Wednesday 1st January 2020
- Thursday 2nd January 2020
The operating times for the Mitchell St logistics hub over the period are:
- 21st, 22nd, 23rd = 8.00am – 6.00pm
- 24th December = 8.00am – 3.00pm
- 25th and 26th December = CLOSED
- 27th, 28th = 8.00am – 6.00pm
- 29th = Sunday closure
- 30th December = 8.00am – 6.00pm
- 31st December = 8.00am – 3.00pm
- 1st, 2nd January = CLOSED
- 3rd January = 8.00am – 6.00pm
- 4th January = 8.00am – 3.00pm
- 5th January – Sunday closure
Traffic management maintenance crews will be operational 24/7 over the Christmas period.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in contact.
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at the Leith Community Education Centre on Tuesday 22 October 2019 at 7pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item. Continue reading
(adapted form an email from ‘Trams to Newhaven’)
Leith Walk Planters
In order to facilitate construction of Trams to Newhaven project, the 14 planters that are currently situated on Leith Walk will be moved to the Leith Links / Duke Street / Lochend Road / Easter Road junction. This will be a permanent move in order to accommodate dedicated cycling lanes post construction. The planters will be moved as part of the enabling works commencing on Monday 18 November 2019.
We are aware that some businesses / residents have been looking after the planters and where this is known we have made contact to explain. An example of this is the Kadampa Meditation Centre who we visited to explain what is happening and to thank them for the work they have done. We will be attaching posters to the planters this week to highlight the planters being moved.
Trimming of trees at South Leith Parish Church Wall
In order to begin works on the South Leith Parish Church wall later in December 2019, TD Tree and Land Services Limited, a specialist in tree maintenance, will trim back overhanging branches in order to gain access to the wall. The works will take place over two days (Monday 18 and Tuesday 19 November) and will not damage the trees in any way.
Wherever possible all work will be carried out from the ground. If required, trees will be climbed by trained personnel and will only take place once an assessment has been made that is safe to do so.
An eco-check for bats and nesting birds was undertaken recently which identified the trees had not been used by either species.
We will be highlighting both of above on the project website and in the electronic newsletter this week.
(adapted from an email from the Trams to Newhaven project.)
The Tram to Newhaven project team is hosting a drop-in event on Thursday 7 November from 12pm – 7.30pm at South Leith Parish Church where residents and businesses can come and meet the team who can answer any queries they might have about the planned works.
The first phase of work to take trams to Newhaven will start on Constitution Street on 18 November 2019. Continue reading
- Meet organisations who offer independent money advice
- Find out where you can get free help in your area
- Talk to local groups for useful tips and information
- Drop in between 11.00AM-2.00PM, Monday 12 November
- South Leith Parish Church Halls
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 24 April 2018 at 7.00pm
Actions and decisions are red italic underlined. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item. Continue reading