LHNCC’s AGM will be on Tuesday 22 June. Register via Eventbrite at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/leith-harbour-newhaven-community-council-june-2021-meeting-and-agm-tickets-158253130373.
Following the AGM, which will report on LHNCC’s activity in 2020-2021, and elect office-bearers (who must be voting members of LHNCC already), there will also be an ordinary meeting.
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 27 April 2021 at 7:00pm
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council annual general meeting, held via Zoom on Tuesday 22 September 2020 at 7:30pm
- Introductions, apologies
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of August 2020 meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report (tbc)
- Chair, Secretary and Treasurer reports
- Standing reports
- Tram Stop Ocean Terminal – letter of objection regarding Discovery Garden (link in Secretary’s Report below)
- Bath Road/Salamander St. PAN Application – feedback form closing date 29/10/20 (link in Secretary’s report below)
- Seafield Project – update.
- Trams/CCTT (Community Councils Together on Trams)
- EBUG (Edinburgh Bus Users’ Group)
- OT Discovery Garden update
- Leith Heritage Group Meeting 19/10/20 – Update
- Rennie’s Isle Bridge
- Heart of Newhaven Community Project – update (link in Secretary’s Report)
- LHNCC – Crown Estate Scotland – Sustainable Communities Grant update
- VPS – Christmas lights
- Leith Chooses – request for CC’s support vote (circulated to members 20/10/20)
- Response to resident regarding parking issues in Hawthornvale
- North East Community Planning Partnership update
Checkpoint Group (DT)
- Date of next meeting – Tuesday 24 November 2020
Secretary’s report and links
Ocean Terminal Tram Stop Planning application – letter of objection re Discovery Garden: https://lhncc.files.wordpress.com/2020/10/lhncc-letter-of-objection-tram-stop-application-ot-oct-2020-jm-final.pdf
Bath Road/Salamander St. PAN Application download and complete consultation form: https://salamanderstreet.scot
Heart of Newhaven Project Update: https://lhncc.org.uk/2020/10/18/heart-of-newhaven-latest-update
Free repairs for bikes: https://www.cyclinguk.org/ScotCycleRepair
Leith100 Autumn Programme of Events: https://mailchi.mp/a0a0e71434d7/announcing-a-new-series-of-leith100-events-9438398?e=a59819d631
How to get the Flu vaccine in your area: https://www.nhsinform.scot/flu
Kick Start Scheme for Youth in Scotland – UK Government: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-government-launches-kickstart-scheme-for-youth-in-scotland
The City of Edinburgh Council – Public Space Management Plan – Stakeholder Engagement
The City of Edinburgh Council would like your involvement, input and advice in developing and refining the new Public Space Management Plan (PSMP). Closes on 23 November 2020: https://consultationhub.edinburgh.gov.uk/sfc/b24acf90/
LHNCC’s October meeting will be online, via Zoom. Register via Eventbrite to join us: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/leith-harbour-newhaven-community-council-october-meeting-tickets-125793643173.
The agenda will become available on https://lhncc.org.uk/meeting-papers, as soon as it’s ready. We will also email it to voting members, ex-officio members and those who register via Eventbrite. (We’ll also send out draft minutes of the October AGM and ordinary meeting.)
- LHNCC uses the Zoom platform. Get the software
- We will email the Zoom details to those who register.
- We do this manually, so these emails won’t be instantaneous.
- The Zoom link will be open from 18:45, so people can connect, say ‘hello’ etc.
- There will be a waiting-room, but we will admit you as quickly as possible.
- The actual meeting will begin at 19:00.
- At that point all but the chair, secretary and meeting-host will be muted. Please raise your electronic hands, use chat or (last resort) gesticulate to speak.
- Use of ‘chat’ to discuss issues and raise points is welcome.
- The meeting will be Zoom-recorded on the minutes secretary’s computer to enable creation of accurate minutes.
- This recording will not leave the minutes secretary’s computer.
Notes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council members-only meeting, held via Zoom on Tuesday 26 May 2020 at 7pm Continue reading
This will be on 23 June, via Zoom (due to ongoing coronavirus precautions) – members and ex-officio members only
Meeting papers will be follow soon.
Any member of the public wishing to raise an issue can email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the website contact form at https://lhncc.org.uk/contact-us,
Notes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council members-only meeting, held via Zoom on Tuesday 28 April 2020 at 7pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item.
1 Introductions, apologies for absence, CEC requirements for online CC meetings
||Cllr Adam MacVey
||Representing Ben Macpherson MSP
||Deidre Brock MP
||Edinburgh North and Leith
||Cllr Chas Booth
||Cllr Gordon Munro
The next LHNCC meeting will be on Tuesday 28 April, at 7pm, via Zoom.
- Because LHNCC is currently learning how to conduct meetings online, this will be a members-only ‘discussion’ meeting.
- LHNCC welcomes public input in advance via the website contact-form at https://lhncc.org.uk/contact-us/.
- Public input is equally welcome at any time after the meeting.
- An agenda will be circulated in due course, both by email and via a post on this website.
LHNCC is aware that online meetings exclude those who cannot access them, whatever the reason. However, this is the best it can offer under the current circumstances.
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at the Leith Community Education Centre on Tuesday 25 February 2020 at 7pm Continue reading