Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 25 May 2021 at 7:00pm Continue reading
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 27 April 2021 at 7:00pmContinue reading
added items are in bold
Please register via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/153535178853
- Introductions, apologies
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of April 2021 meeting
- Matters arising
- Police report tbc
- Councillor/MSP/MP reports
- Chair, Secretary and Treasurer reports
- Standing reports:
- Rennie’s Isle Development
- Albert Dock update
- Hemmingway’s (Commercial St)
- Sandpiper Drive, Western Harbour (Opposite ASDA to the West)
- Seafield Project update
Commercial Quay update
- The Granary, The Shore
- Sub-planning Group – letter to David Givan, CEC Chief Planning Officer.
- Trams/Community Councils Together on Trams
- Edinburgh Bus User’s Group
- Heart of Newhaven Community Project – AGM
- Meeting with Paul Lawrence (Tram/CPZ/Leith Connections/Spaces for People/Low Traffic Neighbourhood
- North East Community Planning Partnership
- Resident issues
- Traffic signals Bernard St/The Shore/Commercial St
- Western Harbour
- Abandoned vehicles – update
- Date of next meeting (AGM + ordinary meeting) – Tuesday 22 June 2021
Links for further information on Agenda item (8) Standing Reports
- Scottish Government: Transforming Planning Scotland
- Scottish Government: Planning and Environmental Appeals Division
- Scottish Government: heat in buildings strategy consultation
- CEC: City Plan 2030 – The Housing Land Audit and Completions Programme (HLACP)
- CEC: Edinburgh Development Concordat
- EACC: Carbon neutrality Edinburgh 2030 – event 22/4/21
- Zero Waste Scotland
- Circular Economy
- CEC: Vision for Water Management in City of Edinburgh
- Heart of Newhaven AGM
- Out of the Blue
Trams to Newhaven advises
Ocean Terminal to Rennie’s Isle
Preparation works are ongoing in the area ahead of the closure of the Victoria Dock Bridge in order to carry out reinforcement and structural works. To accommodate these works there is a requirement to extend the temporary traffic lights east bound. View the updated traffic management plan.
Ocean Drive footpath closure
From Monday 24 May a footpath closure will be implemented with a temporary pedestrian diversion in place. There will be no through route for pedestrians/cyclists accessing the area. A suggested diversion route is via Rennie’s Isle / Commercial Street. Signage will be installed in the local area to inform pedestrians and cyclists. View the diversion plan here.
For full details, view the Trams to Newhaven newsletters.
You can also subscribe, so that TTN newsletters are automatically emailed to you.
The following is the text of a response submitted by LHNCC on 5 March
Leith Connections Project
5 March 2021
Ref: Leith Connection Consultation Response
I am submitting above following consultation and feedback from committee members and members of the public on behalf of Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council.
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 26 January 2021at 7:00pm Continue reading
LHNCC comments, among other things.
- We support the development of this site but are disappointed with the developer’s adherence to the lowest possible standard
- We acknowledge that this application does have positive aspects that will be identified in our general comments. There are, however, some significant concerns especially identified below that will affect our final decision.
Below is the text of LHNCC’s objection: here is the original as a PDF.
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom on Tuesday 22 September 2020 at 7:30pm