Please note that meetings will now start at 6:30. Click the graphic to see the full-size PDF.
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 22 May 2018 at 7.00pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. Nem conmeans that no-one spoke or voted against an item. Continue reading
Shore Room Leith Community Education Centre, Newkirkgate
Tuesday 26 June at 7.00pm
This meeting will comprise the ordinary meeting (7pm to 8:15), followed immediately by the AGM. Continue reading
(This letter was sent to CEC’s Chief Planning Officer and the relevant Case Officer on 29 May 2018)
Chief Planning Officer, PLACE,
4 East Market Street, Edinburgh , EH8 8BG
Dear Mr. Leslie
Re: 18/01876/FUL – 4 Industry Lane, Edinburgh, EH6 4EZ. Demolition of existing commercial garage and erection of new residential block 19 units with associated car parking and landscaping.
Agent: Susan Stephen, Architects
Objection: Grounds for comment
A presentation by the Developer for above was held at Leith Harbour & Newhaven Community Council (LHNCC) Meeting on 22 May 2018, with representation from residents local to Planning Application area in attendance. The general consensus from Committee members was that this application is not appropriate for this site. It was suggested, by some members, that a more appropriate approach would be to convert the existing building to Mews/Colony style residences. There should be provision for people with special needs, including disabled parking facility. It was agreed that I would send a response on behalf of LHNCC.
The proposal is contrary to the following Local Development Plan (2016) Continue reading
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 24 April 2018 at 7.00pm
Actions and decisions are red italic underlined. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item. Continue reading
- Minutes of Previous Meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report
- Industry Lane: Presentation/discussion Mr Slawek Kuzlo
- Reports: Secretary and Treasurer
- Councillors/MSP/MP Report/s
- Planning update: Details available LHNCC planning page: https://lhncc.org.uk/planning/
- 18/00846/FUL: Skyliner, Ocean Drive
- 17/05415/FUL: Great Junction Street
- 18/01154/PAN: Baltic Street (Bath Road)
- 18/01015/PAN: Leith Walk Edinburgh EH6 5DX (Stead’s Place)
- 16/03684/FUL: Cala Waterfront
- 17/04428/FUL: Whisky Distillery
- 16/02815/PPP: Hotel Ocean Drive (Ocean Terminal)
- 18/01876/FUL & 18/01877/CON: 4 Industry Lane
- Events: Detail available: LHNCC events page: https://lhncc.org.uk/events
- Visit to SS Explorer – feedback.
- Victoria Primary School Gala Day (26/5/18) – request for volunteers/stewards
- Leith Festival Gala Day (9/6/18) – share stall with LLCC
- Other work: Detail available LHNCC other work page: https://lhncc.org.uk/lhnccs-other-work
- LRT Transport to WGH – Support from Trinity CC, Leith Links CC and Granton & District CC.
- Trinity Academy. Argument for upgrading. – email letter of support
- Police Scotland: Letter sent to Donald Wilson re CEC pays £2·6 million foradditional policing to Police Scotland (PS) – no response, email sent
- Skatepark, Melrose Drive: to be bulldozed – Information on our website.
- LHNCC Newsletter – Update
Quintinshill (Gretna) Disaster: Memorial Service
- Review how LHNCC responds to Planning Applications – ongoing
- Date of next meeting AGM: Tuesday 26 June 2018
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 27 March 2018 at 7.00pm
Actions and decisions are red italic underlined. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item.