Community Consultation Website & Digital Exhibition: Salamander Street/Bath Road
illustration from event flyer, presumably showing site location/context
Text from the advertising flyer sent to LHNCC:
Land at Salamander Street/Bath Road, Leith Community Consultation Website & Digital Exhibition
Due to ongoing developments surrounding the COVID-19 virus and social-distancing measures, the Scottish Government has issued guidance encouraging developers to use online or digital methods of engagement whilst public gatherings are prohibited.
- At our dedicated website – www.salamanderstreet.scot.
- An unmanned wall mounted exhibition will be available to view at Precision Removals and Storage, 67 Salamander Street, Leith Edinburgh EH6 7JZ
- Copies of the exhibition materials can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at this number (0131) 202 3259
- The website goes live from 1st October 2020.
- Exhibition proposals will be available from 8th October 2020.
To provide you with information on the emerging redevelopment proposals and seek your input and ideas for the site, informing the basis of our future planning application for the land at Salamander Street/Bath Road, Leith EH6 6JZ.
Given the unusual nature of the circumstances we are in, we are doing our best for the Community Council and also the best in our responsibility to deliver upon our commitment to the community which we serve.
This is a public meeting.
Please register using Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/leith-harbour-newhaven-community-council-september-meeting-tickets-119405875187
- LHNCC welcomes public input in advance via the website contact-form at https://lhncc.org.uk/contact-us/.
- Public input is equally welcome at any time after the meeting.
LHNCC is aware that online meetings exclude those who cannot access them, whatever the reason. However, this is the best it can offer under the current circumstances.
We would also like to thank all the valiant people who are providing essential services across all sectors in our community and beyond.
AGM – 7.00pm
- Welcome, introductions and apologies
- Chairman : Annual Report
- Secretary: Annual Report
- Treasurer: report: accounts for FY19/20
- Office-bearer elections
- Date of next AGM: Tuesday 22 June 2021
- AGM was not held in June due to coronavirus.
- Following city-wide CC elections in October 2019, LHNCC elected the following office-bearers from its refreshed membership. (From the Edinburgh CC scheme, item 6.28: ‘All office-bearers shall be elected for one year but shall be eligible for re-election without limitation of time.’)
- Chair: Douglas Tharby
- Vice-chair: Elaine Dick
- Secretary: Jennifer Marlborough
- Treasurer: Douglas Tharby
- Engagement Officer: No election (Cllr McVey advised that this role is not mandatory.)
- Bruce Ryan was reappointed as non-voting minutes secretary and webmaster (nem con).
- This should not be read as LHNCC having pre-decided this meeting’s decisions.
Ordinary Meeting 7.30pm
- Introductions, apologies
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of August 2020 meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report (tbc)
- Report from Elected Councillors
- Chair, Secretary and Treasurer reports
- Standing reports:
- Bath Road/Salamander St. PAN Application
- Seafield Project – update (NT).
- Western Harbour – Update (JM)
- Update (DT)
- Trams/CCTT (Community Councils Together on Trams) (JM)
- EBUG (Edinburgh Bus Users’ Group).(JM)
- OT Discovery Garden update (JM and ED)
- Leith Heritage Group Meeting – Update on Victoria And Rennie’s Isle Bridges. (JM)
- Rennie’s Isle Bridge – Proposal for John Rennie Commemorative plaque (JM)
- Heart of Newhaven Community Project – update (JM)
- Cockburn Association – Our Unique City. http://www.cockburnassociation.org.uk/uploads/Our%20Unique%20City%20FINAL%201%20May%202019.pdf
- LHNCC – Crown Estate Scotland – Sustainable Communities Fund update (ED)
- Edinburgh World Heritage – Edinburgh ‘s Climate Emergency 16/9/20 (JM)
- Generations working together (JM)
- Leith Chooses (DG)
- Neighbourhood Networks (DT)
- Date if next meeting – Tuesday 27 October 2020
LHNCC’s notes on the following planning matters have just been updated. See the bold items on the following pages:
(LHNCC apologises that these are published later than usual. This was due to LHNCC not meeting in December, and the minutes secretary being away in January.)
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 27 November 2018 at 6.30pm
Actions and decisions are red italics. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item. Continue reading
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 23 October 2018 at 6.30pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item. Continue reading
Shore Room, Leith Community Education Centre, Newkirkgate, Tuesday 23 October at 6.30pm
- Introductions, Apologies
- Minutes of previous meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report
- Reports: Secretary and Treasurer – LHNCC membership update
- Councillors/MSP/MP Report/s
- Planning Update: Details available: LHNCC website planning page
- 17/03194/FUL: MV Fingal: Licensing Board Members site visit update
- 18/07468/PAN: 5 Baltic Street. Public Consultation – Wed. 31 October, 3.00pm. – 9.00pm (extended from 7.00pm), Malmaison Hotel. Feedback from meeting on 4/10/18 with William Muir from Sundial Properties
- 18/08206/FUL: Bath Road (Salamander Street) – Discuss Application circulated 7/20/18
- 17/05415/FUL: Great Junction Street – Application approved. Feedback following invitation to visit Architect’s on Thursday 18/10/18 to view changes made.
- CCTT (Community Councils Together on Trams): Update
- Events & feedback: Detail available: LHNCC website events page
- Newhaven Tram: Feedback following Public Events relating to Revised Designs (Out of The Blue 2/10/18; Ocean Terminal 13/10/18) Final Event McDonal Road Library, 2.00pm – 7.00pm 22/10/18, last chance to view. Public Consultation ends 28/2018 (query extension?).
- Open Meeting Thur. 4th Oct. 2018 Victoria Primary School 7pm – 9pm – feedback
- Victoria Primary School Christmas Lights
- Other work: Detail available LHNCC other work page
- WW1 Commemoration 10/11/18: Wreath ordered for this.
- Licensing Consultation – Response on behalf of LHNCC submitted 5/10/18
- Leith Neighbourhood Partnership meeting 27/9/18 Feedback
- Autumn Newsletter: Reminder visit our website and sign up for our Newsletter
- Date of next meeting: Tuesday 27 November 2018
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 27 March 2018 at 7.00pm
Actions and decisions are red italic underlined. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item.
(adapted from an email from EMA Architecture + Design Limited)
Proposed residential development with commerciaal units and associated landscape, drainage, roads and infastructure on behalf of BDW Trading limited.
Please click the thumbnails to see full PDFs of the PAN submission (9 March) for the above project. The application has been submitted on behalf of BDW Trading Limited and please note we have a public event scheduled with the dates / located below;
Location – Leith Public Library
Date – Wednesday 9th of May 2018
Time – 3pm till 7:30pm
In the short term, further information may be available from James Fraser of EMA.
for EMA Architecture + Design Limited
EMA Architecture + Design Limited
42 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh, EH2 4HQ.
t: 0131 247 1450
m: 07880 808336