Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at the Leith Community Education Centre on Tuesday 28 January 2020 at 7pm Continue reading
adapted from a communication from Switch 2 Productions Ltd (31 Bath Rd, Edinburgh, EH6 7AH)
I am writing to advise you of forthcoming filming for a Netflix feature film titled The Princess Switch, Switched Again which is the follow up to the hugely successful The Princess Switch currently available to watch on Netflix.
The film is a family friendly Christmas movie starring Vanessa Hudgens and is set in a fictional country in which our lead characters, a baker and a princess swap places.
With the support of the council and film office we are filming for a short period around Edinburgh, and on Saturday 4th January we are filming exterior and interior scenes at Mimi’s Bakehouse.
We have applied for a temporary traffic restriction order on the following streets in order to park close to set for preparation, filming and the strike of the location, for the filming day (Saturday 4th January 2020) we will have a stop and hold in place on the shore itself between Tolbooth Wynd and Shore Place.
The filming schedule has been arranged as follows:
Parking restrictions: excluding disabled bays
FRIDAY 3rd January 2020 from 0700 for Location Prep
- TOLBOOTH WYND-– All unrestricted parking from Henderson St to the play area
SATURDAY 4th January 2020 from 0600 – 2000 for Filming
- TOLBOOTH WYND- All unrestricted parking from Henderson St to the play area.
- HENDERSON STREET – All unrestricted parking from Tolbooth Wynd to Giles St.
- COALHILL – All unrestricted Parking.
Stop/Go of traffic:
SATURDAY 4th January between 8am and 11am
- SHORE – Between Tolbooth Wynd and Shore Place. there will be a series of short holds of traffic which will last no more than two minutes, traffic will be allowed to flow for significant periods of time between holds to avoid congestion.
May I thank you in advance for your help and assistance in the making of the film, we are looking forward to filming in the city and anticipate the project to be a huge success which could not be achieved without the help of residents and business.
If you have any concerns or queries please do not hesitate to contact me on 07814 428 093 or on email email@example.com
The Princess Switch: Switched Again
(adapted from an email from the Trams to Newhaven project.)
The Tram to Newhaven project team is hosting a drop-in event on Thursday 7 November from 12pm – 7.30pm at South Leith Parish Church where residents and businesses can come and meet the team who can answer any queries they might have about the planned works.
The first phase of work to take trams to Newhaven will start on Constitution Street on 18 November 2019. Continue reading
(adapted from a notice from Edinburgh Council)
Click to download the full notice: GJS Residents Notification Letter.
This work is scheduled to commence on Monday 8th January 2018 and will last approximately 4 weeks depending on weather and other circumstances.
Traffic on Great Junction Street will be restricted to northbound only in order for the works to be carried out safely.
To facilitate this the following closures will be in place:
- Great Junction Street from the Bonnington Road junction to North Junction Street/Ferry Road Junction to all vehicular traffic travelling south towards the foot of Leith Walk. North bound traffic towards North Junction Street will be maintained for the duration of the construction phase.
- Cables Wynd from Yardheads to Great Junction Street will also be closed for the duration of the construction phase.
The diversion route for south bound traffic that would normally travel along Great Junction Street is via Coburg Street, Sandport Place and Henderson Street, to arrive back at Great Junction Street.
Traffic will be managed in and out of Mill Lane, Taylor Gardens and Ballantyne Road by the contractor. There will be left turn only policy for traffic exiting Bonnington Road, Bangor Road and Ballantyne Road for the duration of the works. There will be a right-turn only policy for traffic exiting Taylor Gardens and Mill Lane for the duration of the works.
Parking suspensions will be in place to suspend waiting, loading and unloading on both sides of Great Junction Street from Bonnington Road junction to North Junction Street, Cables Wynd from Yardheads to Great Junction Street, King Street in its entirety, 25m west along Bonnington Road from GJS, and Coburgh Street in its entirety.