Notes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council office-bearer meeting, held via Zoom on Tuesday 24 March 2020 at 7pm
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at the Leith Community Education Centre on Tuesday 25 February 2020 at 7pm Continue reading
Adapted from an email form Citizen Curator, with apologies for late posting by LHNCC. (The email was received in good time.)
Building on from the Leith Conference in October 2019, the meetings will focus on the key issues effecting the area, the development of a Local Place Plan and the potential of a new Leith Community Development Trust.
I will circulate booking details early February, but for your diary – meetings will be held in the Leith Community Center between 6.30 and 9pm, on the;
- 20th February
- 19th March
- 23rd April
The meetings are open to all so please do share as soon as bookings open. A light bite and refreshment will be available on the night.
As some of you know over the break I took the decisions to step down from Citizen Curator, the charity that supported this Leith Conference and founded Leith Creative. It will be winding down over the coming months. I hope to finish this project and focus on the foundation of something new for the area to continue this work.
In the mean time, just a quick thank you for your support so far, and I will be responding in person shortly.
- Introductions, apologies
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of November 2019 meeting
- Matters arising
- Police report
- Councillor/MSP/MP reports
- Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and Vice Chair reports
- Standing reports:
- Planning subgroup report: 1–5 Baltic Street and 7–27 Constitution Street
- Cockburn Association, Edinburgh Civic Forum Meeting, City Chambers 6.00pm-8.00pm, 3 March 2020
- Trams/CCTT (Community Councils Together on Trams)
- EBUG (Edinburgh Bus Users’ Group)
- The Water of Leith Partnership Agreement
- £eith Chooses Awards: Leith Community Centre, 6.00pm-7.30pm 18 February 2020
- Leith Community Development Trust – Leith Community Centre, 6.30pm 20 February 2020
- Leith Festival Gala Day – 13 June 2020
- VE Day – 8 May 2020
- Edinburgh City Plan 2030 and consultation
- Ocean Terminal – Saturday 29 February 11.00am-3.00pm
- Neighbourhood Networks
- Date of next meeting: Tuesday 24 March 2020 (7pm– 9pm)