CEC is running place workshops to ‘discuss Place Action Plans’, to help meet the priorities set out int he North East Locality Improvement Plan.
The one for LHNCC is 6pm to 8pm, on 19 June, at Leith Community Centre.
Click the graphic to see further information:
We reproduce a communication from Leith DIY Skateparks. LHNCC does not yet have a position on this issue. See Facebook for more information.
Edinburgh City Council are going to bulldoze it in the coming days / weeks.
(adapted from an email from Edinburgh Council. Those who are interested in the proposed tram extension, or the Picardy Place redevelopment might be interested in section 3.27 of the Transport Strategy.)
Three inter-related projects are being developed collectively by the City of Edinburgh Council to improve the quality of life of those who live, work, and visit Scotland’s capital city, by helping to create safer and more attractive streets and spaces, cleaner air, and improved access for all.
The three projects are:
All three contribute towards the developing 2050 Edinburgh City Vision, by improving mobility, and creating better places.
To help shape the development of the three projects we kindly request your attendance at a stakeholder workshop, being held to better understand issues associated with transport, mobility, and placemaking across our city, as well as identifying opportunities for improvement. Such stakeholder feedback will inform the development of proposals to be consulted on across the city later in the year.
By the end of Monday 30 April, please register your interest to attend one of the following workshops at the City Chambers (European Room – High Street, Edinburgh), by emailing email@example.com with
- your name
- your contact details
- your organisation (where relevant), and
- your workshop preference:
- Wed. 9 May 18:00-20:00, or
- Thu. 10 May 09:30-11:30.
Thank you in advance for your time and anticipated assistance, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Spatial Policy Team | Place Directorate | The City of Edinburgh Council | G3 Waverley Court | 4 East Market Street | Edinburgh | EH8 8BG | firstname.lastname@example.org
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 27 March 2018 at 7.00pm
Actions and decisions are red italic underlined. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item.
LHNCC has some concerns about CEC paying Police Scotland (PS) £2·6 million for additional policing. Among these are the amount paid per hour for additional policing, issues around key performance indicators, and overall falls in numbers of police.
The full letter is here: Letter re Police Scotland
Shore Room Leith Community Education Centre, Newkirkgate
Tuesday 24 April at 7.00pm
- Minutes of previous meeting
- Matters arising
- Police report
- Reports: Secretary and Treasurer
- Councillors’, MSP’s, MP’s reports
- Newhaven Trams Update – current plans and open questions and answer session.
- Planning update
- 18/00846/FUL: Skyliner, Ocean Drive
- 17/05415/FUL: Great Junction Street
- 18/01154/PAN: Baltic Street
- 18/01015/PAN: Leith Walk Edinburgh EH6 5DX (Stead’s Place)
- Visit to SS Explorer
- Request for support regarding Trinity High School
- Developing Employment Support 2018
- Celebrating Community Councils
- Police Scotland: Letter sent to Donald Wilson re CEC payment for additional policing
- LRT Transport to WGH
- LHNCC Newsletter
- Request for support re accommodation
- Review how LHNCC responds to Planning Applications
- Request from local resident regarding HMY Britannia firework displays
- Date of next meeting: Tuesday 22 May 2018