Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at the Leith Community Education Centre on Tuesday 25 February 2020 at 7pm Continue reading
LHNCC Meeting, Shore Room, Leith Community Education Centre, Newkirkgate
Tuesday 22 October 2019 at 7pm
- Introductions, apologies
- CC Elections 2019 Election Results. Chair: Councillor Adam Mcvey
- Election of office-bearers
- Request to nominate Neil Tulloch as co-opted member
- Minutes of previous meeting
- Matters arising
- Police report
- Reports: secretary and treasurer
- Councillors’, MSP’s and MP’s reports
- Planning Update: see also LHNCC planning page
- S1 Skyliner (19/02778/FUL) and Forth Ports Western Harbour (19/00986/AMC & 19/01040/AMC) Applications approved 25 September 2019
- CCTT (Community Councils Together on Trams)
- Meeting 26 September feedback – awaiting minutes
- Local events & feedback: see also LHNCC ‘other work’ page
- Save Leith Walk, Community Buy Out progress meeting, Wednesday 9 October, 7.00pm.- 8.30pm. Feedback
- Leith Community Centre, Volunteer Fair: Thursday, 10 October, 4.00pm.–7.00pm. Feedback
- CAV Forth – Design Jam: Saturday 12 October, 10.00am.–4pm. Feedback
- Leith Community Centre, Free Stuff: Sat 19 & Sun 20 October, 11.00am.–4.00pm.
- Leith Conference 26 & 27 October 11-4pm, Norton Park, Norton Park Conference Centre, Leith, Edinburgh EH7
- SoSLeith Public Meeting,Wednesday, 30 October, 6.30pm.–9.00pm. Leith Community Centre (Café)
- SEStran Bus Quarterly Meeting, Thursday 28 November, 10.00am-1.00pm, Victoria Quay
- CEC and Scottish Government Information and consultations: see also LHNCC events and consultations page
- The strategic plan for 2019-2022 agreed at the Edinburgh Integration Joint Board in August 2019 Strategic plan 2019-22
- Crown Estate Scotland draft 2020-23 Corporate Plan Consultation: https://consult.gov.scot/crown-estate-strategy-unit/2020-23 Closing Date 25/11/2019
- CEC: 2020/21 Budget Consultation Closes 30 Nov 2019
- CEC: City Plan 2030: Choices for City Plan consultation runs 9 December 2019 to 28 February 2020. Public promotion: Saturday 18 January 2020 Ocean Terminal Shopping Centre, 11am to 3pm
- CEC Edinburgh Partnership
- Neighbourhood Networks update
- Date of next meeting: Tuesday 26 November 2019, 7.00pm – 9.00pm
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 22 January 2019 at 6.30pm Continue reading
(adapted from an email from Edinburgh Council)
Thanks to everyone who gave us feedback at the end of last year on developing a four-year plan to meet the changing demands of our city and its services and completed our budget planner. You can read the feedback here.
Since then we have done further work on how we can continue to deliver services, while balancing our budgets for next year and beyond. However, we need to save more money in 2019/20 than we had originally anticipated and so want to hear from your Community Council and people in your area again.
No decisions have been taken yet and councillors will consider these proposals at the Council’s budget meeting on 21 February.
Please complete our online survey by Monday 11 February and share this link widely.
Ross A Murray | Governance Officer | Strategy & Communications Division | Chief Executive | City of Edinburgh Council | Business Centre 2.1 | 4 East Market Street, Edinburgh | Tel 0131 469 3870 | email Ross.email@example.com
(adapted from an email from Edinburgh Council. NB this is an Edinburgh Council exercise, but LHNCC is happy to disseminate information that will affect its citizens.)
Edinburgh Council is asking for feedback on its initial ideas for meeting the continuing pressures on Council services and budgets.
Since 2012 Edinburgh Council has saved £240 million, but it expects it will need to save at least £106 million more between now and 2022/23.
No decisions have been taken yet and feedback will shape the long-term plans as well as the more detailed proposals for balancing the budget in February for 2019/20.
Please complete the online survey or try your hand at prioritising services and balancing our budgets by 7 December. You can also read Edinburgh Council’s ideas Planning for change and delivering services and fill in a print survey which will be available in libraries and Council offices from 15 October.
Please share this information far and wide.
Ross A Murray | Governance Officer | Strategy & Insight Division | Chief Executive | City of Edinburgh Council | Business Centre 2.1 | 4 East Market Street, Edinburgh | Tel 0131 469 3870 | email Ross.firstname.lastname@example.org