MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 24 August 2021 at 7:00pm Continue reading
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 22 June 2021 at 7:30pmContinue reading
Planning Edinburgh blogged yesterday
Every year, air pollution causes up to 36,000 deaths in the UK. Poor air quality causes heart and lung disease and is linked to low birth weight and children’s lung development.
Thursday 17 June is Clean Air Day – the UK’s largest air pollution campaign that aims to bring people together to build awareness of the actions we can all do to tackle it.
Read more on the Planning Edinburgh blog.
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 27 April 2021 at 7:00pmContinue reading
Minutes of the Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting (Construction Phase) via Google Meet on Thursday 28 January 2021 at 5:30pm
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 26 January 2021at 7:00pm Continue reading
The Water of Leith Conservation Trust has teamed up with Edinburgh and Lothians Greenspace Trust to conduct a user survey focused on the Coalie Park area. The aim is to create a prioritised list of projects to take forward, to make improvements which are truly wanted and needed by local people at Coalie Park in Leith.
- CLICK HERE to read the Conservation Trust blog-post.
- CLICK HERE to download the Landscape Proposal Summary.
- CLICK HERE to access the survey
LHNCC comments, among other things.
- We support the development of this site but are disappointed with the developer’s adherence to the lowest possible standard
- We acknowledge that this application does have positive aspects that will be identified in our general comments. There are, however, some significant concerns especially identified below that will affect our final decision.
Below is the text of LHNCC’s objection: here is the original as a PDF.
Please register via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/leith-harbour-newhaven-community-council-tuesday-2021-meeting-tickets-141556099103
- Introductions, apologies
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of January 2021 meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report
- Councillor/MSP/MP reports
- Chair, Secretary and Treasurer reports
- Standing reports
- Albert Dock update
- Seafield Project update
- Commercial Quay update
- Trams/Community Councils Together on Trams
- Leith Connections consultation
- Edinburgh Bus User’s Group
- Coallie Park Conversations consultation
- Tree felling and replanting – Ocean Way
- PAS Sustainability event
- Heart of Newhaven Community Project
- Leith Heritage group
- Leith Civic Trust (Vision)
- £eith Chooses – results
- North East Community Planning Partnership
- Resident issues
- Continued about tram work vibration levels and temporary road works on Constitution St
- Lack of attention to streetscaping and peacemaking: The Shore, Coallie Park and Henderson Street schemes
- Continued concern about graffiti/dog waste
- Ocean Terminal – meetings, notices and community engagement
- Date of next meeting – Tuesday 23 March 2021
Secretary’s report links
These relate to the sections of item 8 above:
- Scottish Government Creating Places: A policy on architecture and place in Scotland
- Scottish Government: New build heat standard scoping consultation – closes 3/3/21
- Scottish Government: National Planning Framework Consultation closes 19/2/21
- CEC: Edinburgh Development Concordat
- Leith Connections Consultation – closes 28/2/21
- Scottish Government: STPR2: Update and Phase 1 recommendations
- CEC Edinburgh city-wide parking: Phase 2 survey – closes 14/3/21
Minutes of the Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting (Construction Phase) via Google Meet on Thursday 29 October 2020 at 5:30pm Continue reading