Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 27 April 2021 at 7:00pmContinue reading
This one is from Sustrans, about ‘Temporary Bus Stop Design Guidance’. It’s on SurveyMonkey: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/busdg.
Planning Edinburgh: water in the city of Edinburgh
Planning Edinburgh says
Climate change is going to impact on our lives in more ways than we can even imagine. In response to this, new developments and existing buildings in Edinburgh will have to change in order to support the needs of people. We will also need to consider how public realm, open space, infrastructure and streets are designed, agreed, constructed and maintained.
One of the ways we are preparing Edinburgh for these changes is through our Vision for Management of Water in the City of Edinburgh.
Leith Walk bus diversions
Lothian has announced changes to its network as work is set to begin on Leith Walk for the next stage of the Trams to Newhaven project.
The Leith Walk corridor will see significant traffic management put in place from Saturday 20 June 2020, resulting in diversions to all bus services in this area. The main daytime services affected include the 7, 11, 14, 16, 22, 25 and 49, which will follow different routes on journeys towards Leith.
Services 7, 14, 16, 22, 25 and 49 towards Leith will be diverted via London Road and Easter Road. Citybound journeys will continue to serve their normal route up Leith Walk.
Service 11 towards Ocean Terminal will be diverted via Annandale Street, Bellevue Road, McDonald Road and Broughton Road. Citybound journeys will continue to serve their normal route on Pilrig Street and Leith Walk.
Service changes from 21 June
Lothian Buses will introduce an update to its critical services network from Sunday 21 June to help keep key workers across Edinburgh and the Lothians moving during this time.
Tram construction works in Leith will also start on 20th June, meaning that our services will be unable to serve Leith Walk northbound. Services 7, 14, 16, 22, 25, 49 will be diverted via London Road and Easter Road, heading north only and Service 11 will be diverted via Annandale Street, Bellevue Road, Mcdonald Road and Broughton Road on journeys to Ocean Terminal.
Please register via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/leith-harbour-newhaven-community-council-tuesday-2021-meeting-tickets-141556099103
- Introductions, apologies
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of January 2021 meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report
- Councillor/MSP/MP reports
- Chair, Secretary and Treasurer reports
- Standing reports
- Albert Dock update
- Seafield Project update
- Commercial Quay update
- Trams/Community Councils Together on Trams
- Leith Connections consultation
- Edinburgh Bus User’s Group
- Coallie Park Conversations consultation
- Tree felling and replanting – Ocean Way
- PAS Sustainability event
- Heart of Newhaven Community Project
- Leith Heritage group
- Leith Civic Trust (Vision)
- £eith Chooses – results
- North East Community Planning Partnership
- Resident issues
- Continued about tram work vibration levels and temporary road works on Constitution St
- Lack of attention to streetscaping and peacemaking: The Shore, Coallie Park and Henderson Street schemes
- Continued concern about graffiti/dog waste
- Ocean Terminal – meetings, notices and community engagement
- Date of next meeting – Tuesday 23 March 2021
Secretary’s report links
These relate to the sections of item 8 above:
- Scottish Government Creating Places: A policy on architecture and place in Scotland
- Scottish Government: New build heat standard scoping consultation – closes 3/3/21
- Scottish Government: National Planning Framework Consultation closes 19/2/21
- CEC: Edinburgh Development Concordat
- Leith Connections Consultation – closes 28/2/21
- Scottish Government: STPR2: Update and Phase 1 recommendations
- CEC Edinburgh city-wide parking: Phase 2 survey – closes 14/3/21
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom on Tuesday 22 September 2020 at 7:30pm
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council members-only meeting with Drum Properties, held via Zoom on Tuesday 25 August 2020 at 7:30pm
Minutes of the Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting (Construction Phase) via Google Meet on Thursday 30 July 2020 at 5:30pm Continue reading
Minutes of the Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting
(Construction Phase) via Google Meet on Thursday 25 June 2020 at 5:30pm Continue reading
Notes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council members-only meeting, held via Zoom on Tuesday 26 May 2020 at 7pm Continue reading
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at the Leith Community Education Centre on Tuesday 25 February 2020 at 7pm Continue reading