LeithChooses is holding a feedback night on Tuesday 9 March (6pm) and running an online questionnaire. Details follow:
LeithChooses 2021 Feedback Night, 9 March 6pm.
The LeithChooses Steering Group is always looking for feedback from the community, after each participatory budgeting event.
You are warmly invited to attend a ‘Feedback Night’ meeting, online. This will be on Tuesday 9th March at 6pm.
Each year, LeithChooses has found that although not many people can make it to the Feedback night, those that DO come always provide a tremendously valuable input. As this year has been so different, LeithChooses would especially like to hear from you about what you feel went well – and what didn’t – at LeithChooses 2021.
Sadly, there can be no cups of tea or Tunnocks tea cakes, but LeithChooses hope we can have an informal discussion and listen to your views. Do join!
Join via Eventbrite by clicking here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/eithchooses-2021-feedback-night-tickets-144028373743
LeithChooses would like to glean your individual thoughts on the £eith Chooses 2021 experience through a questionnaire.
LeithChooses would appreciate if you would complete this questionnaire, and share it with anyone who has a view on the process.
Please click here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/leithch2021. It will be live for one month. LeithChooses is keen to refine and improve what it does so your thoughts are most welcome; LeithChooses does listen carefully!
Please do not hesitate to contact Caroline Lamond (Caroline.Lamond@edinburgh.gov.uk) if you have any questions about the feedback night or the survey; Caroline is happy to help.
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 26 January 2021at 7:00pm Continue reading
Please register via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/leith-harbour-newhaven-community-council-tuesday-2021-meeting-tickets-141556099103
- Introductions, apologies
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of January 2021 meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report
- Councillor/MSP/MP reports
- Chair, Secretary and Treasurer reports
- Standing reports
- Albert Dock update
- Seafield Project update
- Commercial Quay update
- Trams/Community Councils Together on Trams
- Leith Connections consultation
- Edinburgh Bus User’s Group
- Coallie Park Conversations consultation
- Tree felling and replanting – Ocean Way
- PAS Sustainability event
- Heart of Newhaven Community Project
- Leith Heritage group
- Leith Civic Trust (Vision)
- £eith Chooses – results
- North East Community Planning Partnership
- Resident issues
- Continued about tram work vibration levels and temporary road works on Constitution St
- Lack of attention to streetscaping and peacemaking: The Shore, Coallie Park and Henderson Street schemes
- Continued concern about graffiti/dog waste
- Ocean Terminal – meetings, notices and community engagement
- Date of next meeting – Tuesday 23 March 2021
Secretary’s report links
These relate to the sections of item 8 above:
- Scottish Government Creating Places: A policy on architecture and place in Scotland
- Scottish Government: New build heat standard scoping consultation – closes 3/3/21
- Scottish Government: National Planning Framework Consultation closes 19/2/21
- CEC: Edinburgh Development Concordat
- Leith Connections Consultation – closes 28/2/21
- Scottish Government: STPR2: Update and Phase 1 recommendations
- CEC Edinburgh city-wide parking: Phase 2 survey – closes 14/3/21
£eith Chooses Steering Group writes
Many thanks to all who responded to our recent survey. What a rich and heart-warming show of care, commitment, and bright ideas!
The overwhelming consensus was that £eith Chooses 2021 should go ahead, even in our current challenging and less than ideal circumstances. And it’s happening!
The good news is that, with a little help from within the Council, we have found a way to arrange online voting for £eith Chooses 2021, so we won’t need to have a ‘Panel’ to allocate funding after all. We will still hold at least one public meeting online, to support participation, bring everyone up to speed, and to discuss a number of the points brought up in the survey. More news on that soon!
But because time is now short (how did that happen?), we need to push on with the project meanwhile. The Themes used previously received a majority approval rating in the survey results, so we’re sticking broadly with those same topic areas.
The theme for 2021 is:
In these Covid times:
- Challenging food poverty in Leith
- Reducing isolation / ensuring connectedness
Please go to the £eith Chooses website to get application forms and more information. Groups will have until 11 December 2020 to fill them in and return them.
Voting will take place in January 2021
The £eith Chooses team will offer support to applicants on demand, but that will be online or by phone, rather than in person. Watch our website for details.
Notes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council members-only meeting, held via Zoom on Tuesday 26 May 2020 at 7pm Continue reading
Notes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council members-only meeting, held via Zoom on Tuesday 28 April 2020 at 7pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item.
1 Introductions, apologies for absence, CEC requirements for online CC meetings
|Elaine Dick||LHNCC||Neil Tulloch||LHNCC|
|Don Giles||LHNCC||Bruce Ryan||Minutes secretary|
|Rob Levick||LHNCC||Cllr Adam MacVey||Leith ward|
|Jennifer Marlborough||LHNCC||Lisa Clarke||Representing Ben Macpherson MSP|
|Douglas Tharby||LHNCC||Deidre Brock MP||Edinburgh North and Leith|
|Arthur Young||LHNCC||Cllr Chas Booth||Leith ward||Cllr Gordon Munro||Leith ward|
Notes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council office-bearer meeting, held via Zoom on Tuesday 24 March 2020 at 7pm
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at the Leith Community Education Centre on Tuesday 25 February 2020 at 7pm Continue reading