||106-162 Leith Walk (Stead’s Place)
||Drum Property Group
||Demolition of existing buildings and construction of a mixed-use development including affordable housing (flats), post graduate student accommodation, hotel, restaurant, including space for potential community, retail, public house or commercial uses..
- Planning Application refused at Hearing – Drum advised to address issues raised
- Drum has submitted an Appeal to Directorate for Planning and Environmental Appeals (DPEA) – still awaiting result. Site visit completed 9 October 2019.
- PAN application submitted 26 March
- Development Management Sub-Committee Hearing 30/1/19
- Response date for comments 6/6/19
||Not supported (see September 2018 minutes)
- Demolition of the red sandstone buildings at 106 – 154 Leith Walk, where a number of lively and well-loved local businesses currently operate.
- 6-7 storey high buildings are too high.
- Only 53 ‘affordable’ homes.
- Over-provision of student accommodation.
|Actions by LHNCC
- Letter of objection sent 11/09/18
- Letter of Objection for Revised Application sent 18/12/18
- LHNCC represented at Planning Committee Hearing 30/1/19
- LHNCC, LLCC and LCCC submitted joint response to DPEA 6/6/19
- Letter written to CEC Head of Planning – Grounds for complaint regarding public consultations affected by coronavirus restriction, particularly in relation to major developments
- Zoom presentation from Drum representatives held 9/6/20 for CCvoting and ex-officio members. There appeared to be a willingness to maintain communication and answered questions from attenders
||Meeting held with Save Leith Walk Team 18/5/19 to discuss response to Appeal. Suggested that it would be appropriate for Leith CCs submit combined response – tbc
||Campaign and online petition to re-open shops started March 2019
||18/04349/CON and 18/04332/FUL. 20/01447/PAN
||Barbara Stuart: E-mail: email@example.com Tel:0131 529 3927