The next LHNCC meeting will be on Tuesday 27 April 2021, at 7pm, via Zoom.
- This will be a public meeting.
- An agenda will be circulated in due course, both by email and via a post on this website.
LHNCC is aware that online meetings exclude those who cannot access them, whatever the reason. However, this is the best it can offer under the current circumstances.
Further meeting dates, coronavirus permitting, are 7pm to 9pm on the fourth Tuesday of each month.
LHNCC quarterly newsletter: Summer 2020
Sign up for our quarterly newsletter to keep up with the most recent and relevant news about Leith Harbour and Newhaven. All previous editions are available in our newsletter archive.
Please note this is from the Trams to Newhaven team. LHNCC will respond in due course – watch this space.
From Tuesday 13 April the project will commence the Traffic Regulation Order public consultation process (TRO). A TRO details the nature and extent of how our roads are used and managed such as road closures, restrictions on turning movements and the position of parking and loading spaces.
The purpose of the TRO process is to invite comment and objections on the parking and loading arrangements being proposed and any changes to moving traffic requirements and entry/exit from streets. Only measures presented within the traffic order may be objected to.
You will be able to view and comment on the TRO from Tuesday 13 April for a period of 28 days.
While community councils must be politically neutral in all their activities, the following event is open to all and does not promote any individual political stance over others.
Leith Links CC is holding a hustings for the Scottish parliamentary constituency of Edinburgh Northern and Leith, LHNCC’s constituency. This is on Monday 12 April 2021 from 7pm, on Zoom.
The candidates taking part in the hustings are
- Rebecca Bell (Scottish Liberal Democrats)
- Katrina Faccenda (Scottish Labour)
- Callum Laidlaw (Scottish Conservatives)
- Ben Macpherson (Scottish National Party)
- Jon Pullman (Freedom Alliance)
- Lorna Slater (Scottish Greens)
Read more about this event on Leith Links CC’s website: http://www.leithlinkscc.org.uk/scottish-parliament-elections-2021-edinburgh-northern-and-leith-hustings.
Register to take part via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/edinburgh-northern-and-leith-hustings-scottish-parliament-elections-2021-tickets-148498618365
Minutes of the Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting
(Construction Phase) via Google Meet on Thursday 25 February 2021 at 5:30pm Continue reading
Water of Leith Conservation Trust says:
We would appreciate your help to complete and promote this survey about Coallie Park, in Leith: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/J89MVVL
Click the graphic to see a summary of the Landscape proposals for the area for your consideration and interest. This forms the basis for the ‘Coalie Conversations’ which the Water of Leith Conservation Trust would like to initiate. On social media you can use #coalieconversations @WOLCT @greenspacetrust
We have also made a web page: http://www.waterofleith.org.uk/coaliepark.
The following is the text of a response submitted by LHNCC on 5 March
Leith Connections Project
5 March 2021
Ref: Leith Connection Consultation Response
I am submitting above following consultation and feedback from committee members and members of the public on behalf of Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council.
Please register via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/leith-harbour-newhaven-community-council-march-2021-meeting-tickets-144885525507
- Introductions, apologies
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of February 2021 meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report tbc
- Councillor/MSP/MP reports
- Chair, Secretary and Treasurer reports
- Standing reports:
- Rennie’s Isle Development (presentation and discussion on the planning application from Robert Evans, Director, Ryden Planning for VRS Ltd c/o Union Property Services, and team members
- Albert Dock update (JM)
- Salamander St/Bath Rd (JM)
- Seafield Project update (NT)
- Trams/Community Councils Together on Trams (JM)
- Edinburgh Bus User’s Group (JM)
- Coalie Park Conversations consultation (DG/ED)
- PAS & Zero Waste Scotland, Circular Economy and Planning System event (JM)
- Heart of Newhaven Community Project (JM)
- Edinburgh Civic Forum – Update (JM)
- North East Community Planning Partnership (DT)
- Edinburgh Partnerships Reforms – EACC (JM)
- Community Council Planning Training Workshop (JM)
- Resident issues
- Parking restrictions in Tower Street
- Overflowing bins The Shore and Commercial Wharf
- Abandoned vehicles
- Leith Connections consultation and next steps (JM)
- Date of next meeting – Tuesday 27 April 2021
Links for further information on Agenda item (8) Standing Reports
Heart of Newhaven’s online newsletter is now out. It’s at https://mailchi.mp/3e0c909c5fd5/funding-success-as-birdhaven-takes-off-13382791.
Topics covered include
- crowdfunding campaign – initial target almost achieved
- membership drive
- Little Birdhaven at Western Harbour, a collaboration with The Shoreline Project and a mini orchard for Victoria Park in collaboration with Friends of Victoria Park
You can check out HoN’s website at https://heartofnewhaven.co.uk.
VRS Ltd is intends to change some existing offices on Rennies Isle into flats. Here is the text of their newspaper advert.
The Town and Country’ Planning (Development Management Procedure) (Scotland) Regulations 2013 Regulation 7(2)(b)
PROPOSAL OF APPLICATION NOTICE
VRS Ltd is giving notice of intention to submit a planning application for proposed redevelopment of existing office for residential flatted accommodation including affordable housing and ancillary uses at 1 Rennie’s Isle, Leith, Edinburgh EH6 6QT.
A Virtual Public Exhibition will be held between 3pm and 7pm on Wednesday 17th and Thursday 18th March 2021 on line at www.renniesisledevelopmentleith.co.uk
A web based exhibition will be on line for 6 weeks between Monday 15th March and 26th May 2021.
Comments should not be sent to City of Edinburgh Council. An opportunity to make representations to the council will exist when a formal application is made.