Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at the Leith Community Education Centre on Tuesday 27 August 2019 at 6:30pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item.
Shore Room, Leith Community Education Centre, Newkirkgate
Tuesday 24 September 2019 at 7.00pm
- Introductions, apologies
- Minutes of Previous Meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report
- Reports: Secretary and Treasurer
- Councillors/MSP/MP Report/s
- Planning Update (circulated) (also available on LHNCC planning page)
48-50 Iona Street: 19/03802/PAN
- CCTT (Community Councils Together on Trams)
Meeting 29 August feedback – awaiting minutes.
- Local events & feedback – Updates available on LHNCC ‘other work’ page
- Diversity in Edinburgh’s Community Councils: Leith Community Centre, Tuesday 17 September, 6.00pm – 8.00pm
- Customs House Consultation event: Wednesday 18 September, 5.00pm – 7.30pm
- Leith Proposals: LCCC , Leith Proposals:What’s good what’s bad and what need to change? McDonald Road Library, Saturday 21 September 11.00am – 3.00pm
- Cockburn Association, Open Doors: Sat 28 & Sun 29 September
- Leith Community Centre, Volunteer Fair: Thursday, 10 October, 4.00pm – 7.00pm
- Leith Community Centre, Free Stuff: Sat 19 & Sun 20 October, 11.00am – 4.00pm
- Leith Conference 26 – 27 October 11-4pm, Norton Park, Norton Park Conference Centre, Leith, Edinburgh EH7
- CEC and Scottish Government Information and consultations
detail available on LHNCC events page
- CEC: The strategic plan for 2019-2022 agreed at the Edinburgh Integration Joint Board in August 2019 Strategic plan 2019-22 (PDF)
- Scottish Government: https://www.transport.gov.scot/consultations. This consultation is on the new draft National Transport Strategy (NTS) for Scotland, which aims to set out a compelling vision for the future of transport for the next 20 years. Closes 23/10/19
- Crown Estate Scotland draft 2020-23 Corporate Plan Consultation: https://consult.gov.scot/crown-estate-strategy-unit/2020-23 Closing Date 25/11/2019
- City Plan 2030: Choices for City Plan consultation runs 9 December 2019 to 28 February 2020. Public promotion: Saturday 18 January 2029, Ocean Terminal Shopping Centre, 11am to 3pm
- CEC – CPZ extension proposals
- City of Edinburgh Council Planning Performance Framework 2018 – 2019
- CEC SUSTRANS /– Active Travel: Consultation Secure Cycle Parking in Edinburgh – SNAP survey
- CEC Edinburgh Partnership Report
Neighbourhood Networks update
- CC Elections 2019 – closing date for nominations 30/9/19
Joint event with LLCC to promote. Leith Community Centre, Wednesday 25 September, 6.00pm – 8.00pm
- Date of next meeting:
Tuesday 22 October 2019 – new time 7.00pm – 9.00pm
Find out the timetable for the creation of City Plan 2030, and how you can get involved. Click the thumbnails to see the full-sized PDFs.
You can download the whole guide from http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/cityplan2030
(adapted from an email from Edinburgh Council, with apologies for delay in posting)
We invite you to join the City Plan team to find out more about the latest progress of City Plan 2030. We will be updating you on the timetable for City Plan 2030, in particular the forthcoming consultation stage. That will be when you can let us know your thoughts and views about the choices for the new plan.
We are keen to connect with other community and amenity groups e.g. Residents Associations, Friends of groups, youth groups etc. It would be great if you would invite and bring along representatives of other community and amenity groups to this session. We would ask you or they get in touch with us directly to book a place, so we can know in advance if we have enough space.
- Date: Monday 4 March 2019
- Time: 6pm – 7.30pm, registration and light refreshments from 5.45pm.
- Venue: Piershill Library, 30 Piersfield Terrace, Edinburgh, EH8 7BQ
Map of Venue
If you would like to participate, please book your place by contacting the City Plan team either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0131 529 4692.
Please note that the City Plan team are unable to comment on any live or individual planning applications during the session.
Development Plan Support Officer
City Plan team| Place Directorate| The City of Edinburgh Council | Waverley Court, Level G3, 4 East Market Street, Edinburgh, EH8 8BG| Tel 0131 529 4692 | email:email@example.com | http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/cityplan2030
(adapted from an email from Edinburgh Council)
Hello and welcome to the first newsletter from the City Plan 2030 team.
In this issue: What is City Plan 2030?, Engaging with children & young People, An update on recent community workshops and A look ahead to the choices for City Plan 2030.
- What is City Plan 2030?
City Plan 2030 will be Edinburgh’s next local development plan. It will set out a strategy to guide Edinburgh’s growth and the policies which we use to guide new development. The City Plan 2030 project was launched in September 2018, via our Development Plan Scheme. The Development Plan Scheme explains how City Plan 2030 will be prepared, a timetable and further information on how you can get involved. You can download the Development Plan Scheme from our website.
- Engaging children & young people
As we start to prepare City Plan 2030, we have been visiting secondary schools across Edinburgh, coinciding with the 2018 Year of Young People. We have been asking young people about what they think about their area, and what issues are facing the city. You can see the findings from the workshops on our blog and we will be using their thoughts as we start to prepare the plan.
- An update on recent community workshops
We have put together a short video on how we have been engaging local communities to date. You can view the video on our blog. If you have any ideas for future engagement, get in touch with the City Plan Team. We are holding an additional community workshop on Monday 3 December at Currie Library from 6pm – 7.30pm, registration and light refreshments from 5.45pm.
- A look ahead to the choices for City Plan 2030
The main consultation for City Plan 2030 is due to take place over 8 weeks in February and March 2019. The consultation will set out the main choices that we need to make as we prepare the next plan and we are keen for people to get involved. You can keep up to date with the project by:
City Plan team| Place Directorate| The City of Edinburgh Council | Waverley Court, Level G3, 4 East Market Street, Edinburgh, EH8 8BG| Tel 0131 529 4692 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/cityplan2030
(adapted from an email from Edinburgh Council)
The Council has recently published its latest Development Plan Scheme (DPS) – DPS 2018, which sets out the next stages in the project. It can be found online at www.edinburgh.gov.uk/cityplan2030 and in Edinburgh Council libraries.
Further information including how to contact the project team, is available at: www.edinburgh.gov.uk/cityplan2030. You can also follow the City Plan 2030 project by subscribing to the Planning blog https://planningedinburgh.com or on Twitter https://twitter.com/planningedin
City Plan 2030 Team Manager
City Plan team | Place Directorate | The City of Edinburgh Council | Waverley Court, Level G3, 4 East Market Street, Edinburgh, EH8 8BG | Tel 0131 529 4692 | email: email@example.com | http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/cityplan2030