Edinburgh Council is moving on with this iteration of the local development plan. Read more on Edinburgh Council’s planning blog at https://planningedinburgh.com/2021/09/30/city-plan-2030-update-3.
Read the report at https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/cityplan2030.
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 24 August 2021 at 7:00pm Continue reading
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council members-only meeting with Drum Properties, held via Zoom on Tuesday 25 August 2020 at 7:30pm
Notes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council members-only meeting, held via Zoom on Tuesday 28 April 2020 at 7pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item.
1 Introductions, apologies for absence, CEC requirements for online CC meetings
||Cllr Adam MacVey
||Representing Ben Macpherson MSP
||Deidre Brock MP
||Edinburgh North and Leith
||Cllr Chas Booth
||Cllr Gordon Munro
Given the unusual nature of the circumstances we are in, we are doing our best for the Community Council and also the best in our responsibility to deliver upon our commitment to the community which we serve.
Because LHNCC is currently learning how to conduct meetings online, this will be a members-only ‘discussion’ meeting.
- LHNCC welcomes public input in advance via the website contact-form at https://lhncc.org.uk/contact-us/.
- Public input is equally welcome at any time after the meeting.
LHNCC is aware that online meetings exclude those who cannot access them, whatever the reason. However, this is the best it can offer under the current circumstances.
We would also like to thank all the valiant people who are providing essential services across all sectors in our community and beyond.
- Introductions, apologies
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of February 2020 meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report tbc
- Report from Councillors
- Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and tbc Vice Chair reports
- Standing reports
- 20/01447/PAN (SCHEME): 106 – 162 Leith Walk, Edinburgh, EH6 5DX
- 20/01313/FUL: 57 Tower Street – 1 Bath Road, Edinburgh EH6 8BB
- Letter in response to CEC circular reporting on changes relating to Coronavirus
- Feedback from Cockburn Society Civic Trust meeting
- Scottish Government letter from Chief Planner – circulated to members
- Trams/CCTT (Community Councils Together on Trams) – tbc Meeting 30 April
- EBUG (Edinburgh Bus Users’ Group) – Tbc Meeting with Lothian Buses 30th April
- Update on Steel Shed
- Leith Festival Gala Day – Saturday 30 May 2020 tbc
- Choices for City Plan 2030 and City Mobilty Plan consultations – closing date extended to 30 April 2020
- Neighbourhood Networks
Notes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council office-bearer meeting, held via Zoom on Tuesday 24 March 2020 at 7pm
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at the Leith Community Education Centre on Tuesday 25 February 2020 at 7pm Continue reading
(with apologies for the delay in posting this)
Following current government guidance on Covid-19, the final Choices for City Plan drop-in event scheduled to take place on Thursday 19 March 2020 at the St Bride’s Community Centre was cancelled.
If you had been planning to attend and/or have any questions about Choices for City Plan 2030, please contact the City Plan team and we will do our best to answer your queries. You can contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone 0131 529 4692.
The Choices for City Plan online consultation will remain open for you to let us know your comments until 31 March 2030.
A new Development Plan Scheme outlining the proposed schedule to take City Plan 2030 to the Proposed Plan stage will be presented to Committee later in 2020.
You can keep up to date with the project and any changes by:
(adapted from a post on Planning Edinburgh)
In addition to the published engagement programme and the online consultation, CEC is holding two more events for those who would like to find out more or comment:
- A drop in event to see the plans and talk to CEC staff in person about our strategy at Ratho Community Centre on Thursday 12th March 2020 from 4pm until 7.30pm.
- A consultation hub surgery where if needed CEC staff can give one-to-one help to fill in the consultation at Currie Library on Monday 16th March 2020 from 4pm until 7pm.
You can read more about CEC’s Future Edinburgh consultations and give CEC your views here.
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at the Leith Community Education Centre on Tuesday 28 January 2020 at 7pm Continue reading