LHNCC’s notes on the following planning matters have just been updated. See the bold items on the following pages:
Given the unusual nature of the circumstances we are in, we are doing our best for the Community Council and also the best in our responsibility to deliver upon our commitment to the community which we serve.
Because LHNCC is currently learning how to conduct meetings online, this will be a members-only ‘discussion’ meeting.
- LHNCC welcomes public input in advance via the website contact-form at https://lhncc.org.uk/contact-us/.
- Public input is equally welcome at any time after the meeting.
LHNCC is aware that online meetings exclude those who cannot access them, whatever the reason. However, this is the best it can offer under the current circumstances.
We would also like to thank all the valiant people who are providing essential services across all sectors in our community and beyond.
- Introductions, apologies
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of May 2020 meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report tbc POLICE SCOTLAND: Reporting hate crime circulated 16/6/20
- Report from Councillors
- Chair, Secretary andTreasurer reports
- Standing reports:
- Stead’s Place/106-162 Leith Walk – report on meeting with Developer
- 120 Ferry Road/Industry Lane
- Ocean Terminal proposal
- CEC updated information on planning changes relating to Coronavirus
- Development Construction restarts – Phased (5 phases)
- Trams/CCTT (Community Councils Together on Trams) – Meeting 28 May
- Letter Trams to Newhaven project update on construction restart
- Rare whale bones amongst historical discoveries made in tram project excavations
- EBUG (Edinburgh Bus Users’ Group)
- TRAFFIC ORDERS – Find out what proposals there are for your area:
- Cladding issues – appeal from FoWLB
- Buildings at Risk: Update on Victoria And Rennie’s Isle Bridges.
- Edinburgh World Heritage Events:
- In conversation with…politicians – Thursday 4 June 2020
- How can we build a better city? – Thursday 25 June
- Cockburn Association Civic Trust – Meeting 2 June 2020.
- Doors Open Days 2020 – It is planned to host a virtual DOD event this year
- What should a post Covid-19 Edinburgh look like?
- Leith Chooses – Projects adapt to Covid-19 crisis
- EACC – Online meeting Thursday 18 June 2020 – feedback
- Neighbourhood Networks
- Date of next meeting: Tuesday 26 August
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at the Leith Community Education Centre on Tuesday 27 August 2019 at 6:30pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item.
(See also ordinary meeting minutes in previous post.)
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council annual general meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 26 June 2018 at 8.15pm
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 22 May 2018 at 7.00pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. Nem conmeans that no-one spoke or voted against an item. Continue reading
(This letter was sent to CEC’s Chief Planning Officer and the relevant Case Officer on 29 May 2018)
Chief Planning Officer, PLACE,
4 East Market Street, Edinburgh , EH8 8BG
Dear Mr. Leslie
Re: 18/01876/FUL – 4 Industry Lane, Edinburgh, EH6 4EZ. Demolition of existing commercial garage and erection of new residential block 19 units with associated car parking and landscaping.
Agent: Susan Stephen, Architects
Objection: Grounds for comment
A presentation by the Developer for above was held at Leith Harbour & Newhaven Community Council (LHNCC) Meeting on 22 May 2018, with representation from residents local to Planning Application area in attendance. The general consensus from Committee members was that this application is not appropriate for this site. It was suggested, by some members, that a more appropriate approach would be to convert the existing building to Mews/Colony style residences. There should be provision for people with special needs, including disabled parking facility. It was agreed that I would send a response on behalf of LHNCC.
The proposal is contrary to the following Local Development Plan (2016) Continue reading
click to download: 2017_11_28 final
Where: Shore Room Leith Community Education Centre, Newkirkgate
When: Tuesday 23 January at 7.00pm Continue reading