Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 26 February 2019 at 6.30pm Continue reading
Minutes of the Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting, Leith Community Education Centre on Thursday 21 February 2019 at 5:30pm
(adapted from an email from Trams to Newhaven)
The Trams to Newhaven team have sent out a newsletter about the support they are offering to businesses during the construction of the tram extension to Newhaven.
Support will include
- A business continuity fund to support local business who suffer from short-term cash flow issues during construction.
- A discount scheme funded by the Council allowing your customers to buy goods at a reduced price and at no cost to your business.
- Local delivery innovations, allowing your shop to make deliveries to customer using cargo bikes
- An investment in the local area to maintain cleanliness and carry out improvements to shop fronts
- A dedicated local business champion who will be able to advise you on a variety of ways to get your business ready for the works and who will host free digital skills improvement workshops
- A significant open for business campaign across a variety of channels, including digital and traditional methods
- The introduction of three local transport hubs that will provide temporary car parking, bicycle parking, bus stops and loading bays during construction.
- Strategically located logistics hubs staffed with the appropriate number of logistics officers, based on specific demand in each local area. All officers will be trained in manual handling and lifting heavy loads and will assist with deliveries.
Contact the Trams to Newhaven team for further details!
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 22 January 2019 at 6.30pm Continue reading
Minutes of the Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting, held in Leith Community Education Centre on Thursday 30 January 2019 at 5:30pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. Continue reading
The ‘trams to Newhaven’ full business case has been published: http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/meetings/meeting/4653/transport_and_environment_committee.
Shore Room, Leith Community Education Centre, Newkirkgate
Tuesday 27 November at 6.30pm
1 Introductions, apologies
2 Minutes of Previous Meeting
3 Matters arising
4 Police report
5 Forth Ports project team presentation: Western Harbour revised design
6 Reports: Secretary and Treasurer
7 Councillors/MSP/MP Report/s
8 Planning Update
detail available on LHNCC planning pages
8.a CW properties: 139 Leith Walk 19/00415/PAN
Public Consultation: McDonald Road Library, Monday 22 April 2019 and Tuesday 23 April 2019 (both 14:30 to 19:00)
8.b Cala: Waterfront Plaza (affordable block F) 16/03684/FUL
Building to start June/July 2019
8.c S1: Skyliner 19/00414/PAN
Public consultation: Ocean Terminal, Wednesday 27 February (12:00 to 19:00)
8.d POLHA: 2 Ocean Drive 14/05127/FUL
Building to commence April 2019
9 CCTT (Community Councils Together on Trams)
- Publication of Final Business Case (FBC) 22 February 2019. CCTT considering a joint statement relating to issues that have not been fully resolved.
- Chris Day (EBUG) and Jennifer Marlborough met with Darren Wraight (Tram Team) to discuss bus stops/shelters and cycle lane provision on Leith Walk.
10 Local events & feedback
detail available on LHNCC ‘other work’ page
10.a Heart of Newhaven (formerly Newhaven Project)
steering group meeting to decide way forward 19/2/2019
10.b LeithChooses voting: feedback
10.c Save Leith Walk
- CEC hearing – application refused. LHNCC presentation available on website
- Meeting to discuss next steps and the possibility of some kind of Leith umbrella organisation/development trust: Newkirkgate 13/3/19 (time TBC)
11 CEC and Scottish Government consultations
detail available on LHNCC events page
11.a CEC community council scheme
11.b Scottish Government consultation on fireworks
closes 13/5/19: https://consult.gov.scot/safer-communities/fireworks
11.c SEStrans bus stakeholders congress
Victoria Quay 8/2/19
12.a Revive proposal regarding LRT route 21 via Western General Hospital
13 Date of next meeting
Tuesday 26 March 2019