MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 22 June 2021 at 7:30pmContinue reading
The consultation on the low-traffic neighbourhood proposals has been extended to 11 July.
This consultation is available online at https://consultationhub.edinburgh.gov.uk/sfc/low-traffic-neighbourhoods.
That link also gives access to ‘all project information including proposed concept designs, an online survey and an engagement report for the last stage’, according to Anna McRobbie of AECOM.
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 25 May 2021 at 7:00pm Continue reading
Please register via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/158253130373
- Welcome, introductions and apologies
- Approval of the Minutes of the 2020 Annual General Meeting
- Annual Report, Chairman: brief review of year
- Treasurer’s report: accounts for FY 2020/21 (to be ratified)
- Annual Report, Secretary: brief review of year
- Demit of current office bearers and election of office bearers
- Chair: Nomination/s (Proposer/Seconder), vote if required
- Treasurer: Nomination/s (Proposer/Seconder), vote if required
- Secretary: Nomination/s (Proposer/Seconder), vote if required
- Vice Chair: Nomination/s (Proposer/Seconder), vote if required
- Engagement Officer (Proposer/Seconder), vote if required)
- Date of next AGM: Tuesday 28 June 2022
Ordinary meeting (straight after AGM)
- Introductions, apologies
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of May 2021 meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report tbc
- Councillor/MSP/MP reports
- Chair, Secretary and Treasurer reports
- Standing reports
- Albert Dock update
- Hemmingway’s (Commercial St.)
- Seafield Project update
- Commercial Quay Update
- Victor Hugo, The Shore
- Trams/Community Councils Together on Trams
- Edinburgh Bus User’s Group
- Low Traffic Neighbourhood (Leith Connections) – survey (link: Secretary’s report)
- Spaces for People – Report (link: Secretary’s report)
- North East Community Planning Partnership
- Resident issues
- Date of next meeting – Tuesday 23 August 2021
Links for further information on Agenda item (8) Standing Reports
- Scottish Government: Creating Places: A policy on architecture and place in Scotland
- Scottish Government: Transforming Planning Scotland
- Scottish Government: Planning and Environmental Appeals Division
- Scottish Government: Heat in buildings strategy – achieving net zero emissions: consultation
- CEC: Edinburgh Local Development Plan (ELDP)
- CEC: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods (Leith Connections) Consultation (closing date 4/7/21)
- CEC: alcohol licensing registers
- CEC: Report – Potential retention of Spaces for People measures
- Zero Waste Scotland
- Heart of Newhaven Project
- CEC: Edinburgh Development Concordat
- 2021 Tellme Scotland: Public Information Notices for Scotland
- PAS (Planning Aid Scotland): Local Place Plans
Hot on the heels of the last post, CEC is running a consultation as well as AECOM. LHNCC’s web-weaver guesses (but cannot promise) that Edinburgh Council will be more interested in responses to its own consultation.
Follow this link (https://consultationhub.edinburgh.gov.uk/sfc/low-traffic-neighbourhoods/) to access CEC’s Leith LTN consultation.
There are also workshops – register via Eventbrite as follows.
Message from LHNCC’s secretary
The Low Traffic Neighbourhood (LTN) Team (Leith Connections) announced that Leith LTN consultation/survey will go live on the Hub on Friday 4th July.
The Team will be running 2 public meetings for Leith LTN – one in week beginning 14th June and one in week beginning 28th June – details to be confirmed so not included in information leaflets.
I would recommend reading this and completing survey, especially as it only considers a limited area omitting section North of Commercial Street. This means that leaflets that have been distributed may not have included a large section of our CC.
Link to information and survey: https://wh1.snapsurveys.com/s.asp?k=162192819351
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 23 February 2021at 7:00pm
The following is the text of a response submitted by LHNCC on 5 March
Leith Connections Project
5 March 2021
Ref: Leith Connection Consultation Response
I am submitting above following consultation and feedback from committee members and members of the public on behalf of Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council.
The City of Edinburgh Council is developing a project to create a safer and more comfortable street environment for walking, cycling, wheeling and spending time in the local streets and outdoor spaces of Leith. To achieve this, it is looking to develop a Low Traffic Neighbourhood in the area.
The council plans to carry out an initial community engagement with residents from 8th – 28th February 2021 to gather information and inform the scope of the project. Further engagement is planned throughout the year prior to implementation in winter 2021, with Council Committee approval at key stages.
In order to best represent the community views in the area and provide local knowledge and input to project, the council proposes forming a Community Reference Group (CRG).
It is proposed this group is made up of representatives from local organisations and established groups who will meet at key stages of the project to provide feedback and help share information with the community.
Whilst the group will be a touchstone for local feedback and views, it will not supersede the views of residents expressed during the consultation surveys. It is simply an additional way for the project team to create dialogue with the local community.
The council has contacted the following, and possibly other relevant organisations, to seek advice on what local interest groups and organisations should be invited to join the CRG:
- Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council
- Leith Central Community Council
- Leith Links Community Council
- Community Councils Together on Trams
- Port of Leith Housing Association
- Leith Primary School – Parent Council
- St Mary’s RC Primary School – Parent Council
- Leith Academy Secondary School – Parent Council
- Edinburgh Access Panel
- Living Streets.
The council has also asked which other organisations it should contact.
The council would propose to convene an online meeting with the CRG during the initial engagement period in February and then follow-up at key stages in the project.
Further details should be available from
Anna McRobbie BSc (Hons)
M: 07384 543887
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom on Tuesday 27 October 2020 at 7:00pm