Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 27 April 2021 at 7:00pmContinue reading
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom on Tuesday 27 October 2020 at 7:00pm
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom on Tuesday 22 September 2020 at 7:30pm
(adapted from an email from EU Citizens Rights Project: www.citizensrightsproject.org)
EU Citizens Rights Project has partnered with COSLA and the International Office for Migration (IOM) in Scotland to offer a series of briefing events about Brexit, citizens’ rights and the EU settlement scheme for local authorities, including community councils.
The first session is in Edinburgh on Monday 11 of November from 09:30 – 12:30 in Augustine United Church (Studio Room), 41 George IV Bridge, EH1 1EL.
You can register your interest here.
Attendees will be signposted to any relevant materials and support tools, such as Home Office toolkits, and specific advice services for citizens who need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
These free briefing sessions will:
- Give attendees a clear understanding of the EU Settlement Scheme (the new immigration status that EU citizens will need to apply for after Brexit)
- Explain the changes to EU citizens’ status, and when these will come into effect
- Explain possible changes to EU citizens’ rights to work, study, access public services, and to vote.
- Signpost sources of further information and support from COSLA, Citizens Advice Scotland, IOM and others.
- Give practical information on the steps EU citizens, and the organisations that work with them, can take to resolve any problems.
If you have any questions, please contact the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org
EU Citizens Rights Project