Minutes of the Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting
(Construction Phase) via Google Meet on Thursday 25 February 2021 at 5:30pm Continue reading
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 26 January 2021at 7:00pm Continue reading
The Water of Leith Conservation Trust has teamed up with Edinburgh and Lothians Greenspace Trust to conduct a user survey focused on the Coalie Park area. The aim is to create a prioritised list of projects to take forward, to make improvements which are truly wanted and needed by local people at Coalie Park in Leith.
Please register via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/leith-harbour-newhaven-community-council-tuesday-2021-meeting-tickets-141556099103
- Introductions, apologies
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of January 2021 meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report
- Councillor/MSP/MP reports
- Chair, Secretary and Treasurer reports
- Standing reports
- Albert Dock update
- Seafield Project update
- Commercial Quay update
- Trams/Community Councils Together on Trams
- Leith Connections consultation
- Edinburgh Bus User’s Group
- Coallie Park Conversations consultation
- Tree felling and replanting – Ocean Way
- PAS Sustainability event
- Heart of Newhaven Community Project
- Leith Heritage group
- Leith Civic Trust (Vision)
- £eith Chooses – results
- North East Community Planning Partnership
- Resident issues
- Continued about tram work vibration levels and temporary road works on Constitution St
- Lack of attention to streetscaping and peacemaking: The Shore, Coallie Park and Henderson Street schemes
- Continued concern about graffiti/dog waste
- Ocean Terminal – meetings, notices and community engagement
- Date of next meeting – Tuesday 23 March 2021
Secretary’s report links
These relate to the sections of item 8 above:
Minutes of the Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting (Construction Phase) via Google Meet on Thursday 29 October 2020 at 5:30pm Continue reading
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom on Tuesday 22 September 2020 at 7:30pm
There are currently many opportunities to get involved in environmental and climate-change activities. Check out some or all of these posts on Leith Central, Leith Harbour & Newhaven and New Town & Broughton CCs’ websites
And while you’re doing that, why not check out what else CCs in central and north-east Edinburgh are doing for their communities?
Scotland’s Climate Assembly will bring together over 100 people, representative of the population of Scotland, to tackle the question:
‘How should Scotland change to tackle the climate emergency in an effective and fair way?’
<p “>Assembly members will gather over 6 weekends to hear evidence, deliberate on the challenges and come up with some recommendations for government. It all begins on the 7th November.
Before we get underway, the Assembly wants to hear from as much of the public as possible. How do you think Scotland should address climate change? How do we make sure solutions are both effective – working for the planet – and fair – working for everyone?
We therefore invite you to share your ideas and comments on our online platform, which will be open until the 26th October. Please share this information with your fellow council members.
Join the conversation online
How to participate:
- Go to our online platform and click on ‘register’ in the top right corner.
- Enter a username – this is how you will appear on the site.
- Enter your email address – this will remain hidden.
- Choose and then confirm a secure password.
- You can now log in any time. Add your own ideas by clicking on the button shown here, or you can rate and comment on the ideas that others have already added to the platform.
Start sharing your ideas
All contributions will be taken into consideration in the development of the Assembly.
To give as many people as possible the chance to engage, we would appreciate your sharing this information as widely as you can. We look forward to reading your ideas!
Scotland’s Climate Assembly
adapted from an email forwarded by CEC
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council members-only meeting with Drum Properties, held via Zoom on Tuesday 25 August 2020 at 7:30pm