(copied from LeithChooses’ website)
£eith Chooses is holding an open discussion session to review and evaluate all aspects of the 2019 £eith Chooses process, and to share ideas for future events. Please do come along if you can – 6:30pm, Leith Community Centre cafe, Tuesday 12 March. All Leithers welcome.
(a communication from Save Leith Walk)
Click the image to see the full-size PDF.
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 22 January 2019 at 6.30pm Continue reading
Shore Room, Leith Community Education Centre, Newkirkgate
Tuesday 27 November at 6.30pm
1 Introductions, apologies
2 Minutes of Previous Meeting
3 Matters arising
4 Police report
5 Forth Ports project team presentation: Western Harbour revised design
6 Reports: Secretary and Treasurer
7 Councillors/MSP/MP Report/s
8 Planning Update
detail available on LHNCC planning pages
8.a CW properties: 139 Leith Walk 19/00415/PAN
Public Consultation: McDonald Road Library, Monday 22 April 2019 and Tuesday 23 April 2019 (both 14:30 to 19:00)
8.b Cala: Waterfront Plaza (affordable block F) 16/03684/FUL
Building to start June/July 2019
Public consultation: Ocean Terminal, Wednesday 27 February (12:00 to 19:00)
8.d POLHA: 2 Ocean Drive 14/05127/FUL
Building to commence April 2019
9 CCTT (Community Councils Together on Trams)
- Publication of Final Business Case (FBC) 22 February 2019. CCTT considering a joint statement relating to issues that have not been fully resolved.
- Chris Day (EBUG) and Jennifer Marlborough met with Darren Wraight (Tram Team) to discuss bus stops/shelters and cycle lane provision on Leith Walk.
10 Local events & feedback
detail available on LHNCC ‘other work’ page
10.a Heart of Newhaven (formerly Newhaven Project)
steering group meeting to decide way forward 19/2/2019
10.b LeithChooses voting: feedback
10.c Save Leith Walk
- CEC hearing – application refused. LHNCC presentation available on website
- Meeting to discuss next steps and the possibility of some kind of Leith umbrella organisation/development trust: Newkirkgate 13/3/19 (time TBC)
11 CEC and Scottish Government consultations
detail available on LHNCC events page
11.a CEC community council scheme
closes 22/4/19: https://consultationhub.edinburgh.gov.uk/ce/edinburgh-community-council-scheme-review
11.b Scottish Government consultation on fireworks
closes 13/5/19: https://consult.gov.scot/safer-communities/fireworks
11.c SEStrans bus stakeholders congress
Victoria Quay 8/2/19
12.a Revive proposal regarding LRT route 21 via Western General Hospital
13 Date of next meeting
Tuesday 26 March 2019
Before the 23rd February
- If you would like to come and vote, but cannot get to the Community Centre under your own steam, please let us know asap and we’ll try and arrange help for you to attend.
- If you are bringing younger children, you may wish to book them in to the free creche (for both applicants and voters). Please get in touch to book them in, in advance (places limited – first come, first served).
Email Caroline.Lamond@edinburgh.gov.uk for either / both of the above
On the day
We suggest that you come early, if you can – doors open at 12 – don’t leave it to the last minute, because
- it may get busy at Registration, and at the ballot boxes
- you will want plenty time to chat to project groups on their ‘stalls’
- there will be lovely free food on offer, but it may start to run out….
- your kids may want to get glitter tattoos or face-painting done
- under 8s may need help with the new ‘Kids Vote’ (for the ‘Best Stall’)…
(LHNCC apologises that these are published later than usual. This was due to LHNCC not meeting in December, and the minutes secretary being away in January.)
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 27 November 2018 at 6.30pm
Actions and decisions are red italics. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item. Continue reading
Click the graphic to see the full-size PDF.