MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council annual general meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 22 June 2021 at 7:00pm
This week sees the opening of the consultation on a Short-Term Let Control Area for Edinburgh.
In brief, Edinburgh Council recommends that the entire Council area is designated as a Short-Term Let Control Area.
Read more about this important topic here: https://planningedinburgh.com/2021/09/03/edinburghs-proposed-designation-of-a-short-term-let-control-area-consultation/
Many will know about the Heart of Newhaven plan to re-purpose the Victoria Primary School buildings. Now, as reported in the Evening News, HoN has a grant to make this plan a reality.
Edinburgh Council is consulting on a low emission zone: consultation is at https://consultationhub.edinburgh.gov.uk/sfc/low-emission-zone.
CEC seek views on the following proposed aspects of the Edinburgh LEZ:
- city centre zone boundary
- 2 -year grace period
- local exemptions and considerations for impacted groups
CEC also seeks to understand knowledge of LEZs and LEZ related support funds and those available for other sustainable transport options. The consultation period is running for 12 weeks, from the 28th June 2021 and closing on 20th September 2021.
Responses, comments or feedback can also be emailed to email@example.com,
or posted to: Low Emission Zone, Waverley Court G3, East Market Street, Edinburgh, EH8 8BG
Depending on the volume of feedback received, it is hoped that a final LEZ scheme can be formally published towards the end of 2021 and agreed by the Council and Scottish Ministers early in 2022 before it is implemented in May 2022.
The consultation on the low-traffic neighbourhood proposals has been extended to 11 July.
This consultation is available online at https://consultationhub.edinburgh.gov.uk/sfc/low-traffic-neighbourhoods.
That link also gives access to ‘all project information including proposed concept designs, an online survey and an engagement report for the last stage’, according to Anna McRobbie of AECOM.
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Tuesday 25 May 2021 at 7:00pm Continue reading
Please register via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/158253130373
- Welcome, introductions and apologies
- Approval of the Minutes of the 2020 Annual General Meeting
- Annual Report, Chairman: brief review of year
- Treasurer’s report: accounts for FY 2020/21 (to be ratified)
- Annual Report, Secretary: brief review of year
- Demit of current office bearers and election of office bearers
- Chair: Nomination/s (Proposer/Seconder), vote if required
- Treasurer: Nomination/s (Proposer/Seconder), vote if required
- Secretary: Nomination/s (Proposer/Seconder), vote if required
- Vice Chair: Nomination/s (Proposer/Seconder), vote if required
- Engagement Officer (Proposer/Seconder), vote if required)
- Date of next AGM: Tuesday 28 June 2022
Ordinary meeting (straight after AGM)
- Introductions, apologies
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of May 2021 meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report tbc
- Councillor/MSP/MP reports
- Chair, Secretary and Treasurer reports
- Standing reports
- Albert Dock update
- Hemmingway’s (Commercial St.)
- Seafield Project update
- Commercial Quay Update
- Victor Hugo, The Shore
- Trams/Community Councils Together on Trams
- Edinburgh Bus User’s Group
- Low Traffic Neighbourhood (Leith Connections) – survey (link: Secretary’s report)
- Spaces for People – Report (link: Secretary’s report)
- North East Community Planning Partnership
- Resident issues
- Date of next meeting – Tuesday 23 August 2021
Links for further information on Agenda item (8) Standing Reports
- Scottish Government: Creating Places: A policy on architecture and place in Scotland
- Scottish Government: Transforming Planning Scotland
- Scottish Government: Planning and Environmental Appeals Division
- Scottish Government: Heat in buildings strategy – achieving net zero emissions: consultation
- CEC: Edinburgh Local Development Plan (ELDP)
- CEC: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods (Leith Connections) Consultation (closing date 4/7/21)
- CEC: alcohol licensing registers
- CEC: Report – Potential retention of Spaces for People measures
- Zero Waste Scotland
- Heart of Newhaven Project
- CEC: Edinburgh Development Concordat
- 2021 Tellme Scotland: Public Information Notices for Scotland
- PAS (Planning Aid Scotland): Local Place Plans
Planning Edinburgh blogged yesterday
Every year, air pollution causes up to 36,000 deaths in the UK. Poor air quality causes heart and lung disease and is linked to low birth weight and children’s lung development.
Thursday 17 June is Clean Air Day – the UK’s largest air pollution campaign that aims to bring people together to build awareness of the actions we can all do to tackle it.
Read more on the Planning Edinburgh blog.
Hot on the heels of the last post, CEC is running a consultation as well as AECOM. LHNCC’s web-weaver guesses (but cannot promise) that Edinburgh Council will be more interested in responses to its own consultation.
Follow this link (https://consultationhub.edinburgh.gov.uk/sfc/low-traffic-neighbourhoods/) to access CEC’s Leith LTN consultation.
There are also workshops – register via Eventbrite as follows.