(adapted from an email from Meal Makers)
Know an older person who would appreciate a weekly home cooked meal?
If you know an elderly person (55+ years) who could benefit from a home cooked meal and some company once a week then please complete this short referral form.
Press here to refer someone now.
We’re particularly looking for Diners in the following areas:
||EH6 4–, EH6 5–, EH6 6–
EH6 7–, EH6 8–
|Inner city Leith to Edinburgh
||EH7 4–, EH7 5–
|Edinburgh’s old town
||EH1 2–, EH1 3–
University of Edinburgh
|EH3 5–, EH3 7–, EH3 8–, EH3 9–,
EH10 4–, EH10 5–,
EH11 1–, EH11 2—
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the meal share work?
- Our Cooks would arrange a date and time with the Diner to arrange their weekly meal share. Then they would plate up an extra portion of the meal they’re making that night and deliver it to the Diner to share.
- What happens if I refer someone and you don’t have a Cook in the area?
- We would contact you and notify you of this and add the Diner to a Waiting List . Once a suitable Cook becomes available we’ll contact them and arrange their first meal share.
- Is there a fee for the service?
- We charge a £5 per year membership fee which allows an unlimited amount of meal shares.
- Can I refer someone over the phone?
- Yes. Please call 0800 783 7770 (9am – 4:30pm, Mon – Fri)
Thank you for your support
The Meal Makers Team
0800 783 7770
Click the thumbnails to see the full-size graphics:
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 25 September 2018 at 6.30pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item. Continue reading
(adapted from an email from Edinburgh Council)
The Council has recently published its latest Development Plan Scheme (DPS) – DPS 2018, which sets out the next stages in the project. It can be found online at www.edinburgh.gov.uk/cityplan2030 and in Edinburgh Council libraries.
Further information including how to contact the project team, is available at: www.edinburgh.gov.uk/cityplan2030. You can also follow the City Plan 2030 project by subscribing to the Planning blog https://planningedinburgh.com or on Twitter https://twitter.com/planningedin
City Plan 2030 Team Manager
City Plan team | Place Directorate | The City of Edinburgh Council | Waverley Court, Level G3, 4 East Market Street, Edinburgh, EH8 8BG | Tel 0131 529 4692 | email: email@example.com | http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/cityplan2030
Thursday 8th November 2018, 2-7pm
Madelvic House, 33 Granton Park Avenue, Edinburgh, EH5 1HS
Collective Architecture are working closely with City of Edinburgh Council and their team to develop a plan for Granton Waterfront that will guide future development in the area. Come along for a hot drink and a biscuit, meet the team, and share your experiences and ideas with us. This is an opportunity for you to help shape the future of Granton. All are welcome!
Click the graphic to see the full-size PDF.