LHNCC objected because, among other things.
- The applications are inadequate and misleading.
- The applications have limited and confusing diagrams, no design statements and other defects
Below is the text of LHNCC’s objection: here is the original as a PDF.
LHNCC objected because, among other things.
- The alteration of the barrier is without planning permission and hence breaches legislation and various policies.
- The application does not meet local development plan and other requirements.
below is the text of LHNCC’s objection: here is the original as a PDF.
Please register via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/leith-harbour-newhaven-community-council-tuesday-2021-meeting-tickets-141556099103
- Introductions, apologies
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of January 2021 meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report
- Councillor/MSP/MP reports
- Chair, Secretary and Treasurer reports
- Standing reports
- Albert Dock update
- Seafield Project update
- Commercial Quay update
- Trams/Community Councils Together on Trams
- Leith Connections consultation
- Edinburgh Bus User’s Group
- Coallie Park Conversations consultation
- Tree felling and replanting – Ocean Way
- PAS Sustainability event
- Heart of Newhaven Community Project
- Leith Heritage group
- Leith Civic Trust (Vision)
- £eith Chooses – results
- North East Community Planning Partnership
- Resident issues
- Continued about tram work vibration levels and temporary road works on Constitution St
- Lack of attention to streetscaping and peacemaking: The Shore, Coallie Park and Henderson Street schemes
- Continued concern about graffiti/dog waste
- Ocean Terminal – meetings, notices and community engagement
- Date of next meeting – Tuesday 23 March 2021
Secretary’s report links
These relate to the sections of item 8 above:
MInutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held via Zoom on Tuesday 27 October 2020 at 7:00pm
LHNCC’s chair, Douglas Tharby, attended a memorial service on 15 November at South Leith Parish Church. He laid a wreath on 17 November.
Minutes of the Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting (Construction Phase) via Google Meet on Thursday 29 October 2020 at 5:30pm Continue reading
Thanks to strong campaigning, in part by LHNCC members, it has been agreed that Discovery Gardens (at Ocean Terminal) will be retained. To quote the latest drawing LHNCC has received:
Existing ‘Discovery Garden’ shall be retained as far as possible and integrated into the design proposals. It shall incorporate new entrance signage … into the curved south boundary of the garden. The removal/modification of existing garden elements shall be minimised whilst ensuring a coherent public realm proposal.
Click the image to see the full-size PDF in a new window.
As LHNCC’s secretary, Jennifer Marlborough, said
Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council is very pleased and relieved to hear that Discovery Garden is to be retained. We have worked hard, alongside local residents and users of the Garden, to ensure that the cultural and environmental value of this small park is not lost in the midst of development. This is particularly important in an area already largely devoid of green and community spaces. We thank Trees of Edinburgh, #SOS Leith and the local community for their help with our campaign. We now look forward to continuing to work with the Trams to Newhaven team and Ambassador Group, the new owners of Ocean Terminal, to properly secure the Garden’s future.
Other quotes are available on the Trams to Newhaven website.
HoNC continues to work towards acquisition of the Victoria Primary School site and despite the impact of Covid 19, our timetable for completion remains the same: as soon as the children move to their new school, we will move in, hopefully in the autumn of next year, 2021.
To acquire the building, which we have permission from City of Edinburgh Council to purchase, we need to find £700,000. To this end, an application to the Scottish Land Fund has already been submitted. With the current SLF funds geared towards applications with more immediate needs, particularly those who have Covid-related issues, we have decided to pause our application until the next round of grants which will bring it more in line with our expected purchase date.
Read more in HoN’s emailing at https://mailchi.mp/heartofnewhaven.co.uk/november-newsletter-12898031.