(with thanks to Heather Suttie for sending in this information)
All welcome and no entrance fee!
The event starts with a parade of fishwives and fisherboys (from P1, P1/2, P6 & P7) which leaves Victoria Primary School at 1.15pm. We walk to the harbour to await the ‘Queen’ and her royal party, then parade back to Victoria Primary School where the crowning ceremony takes place.
Our VIP this year is Ben MacPherson, MSP. The parade will be led by piper Colin McNeil with the school Samba band joining in at the end with help from Pulse of the Place. Newhaven Community Choir and Victoria Primary School children’s choir will sing a few songs. There will be stalls in the playground – food and activities, etc. Continue reading
This will be on Saturday 26 May, starting at 1:30pm.
We hope to have more details soon.
Shore Room, Leith Community Education Centre, Newkirkgate
Tuesday 27 March at 7.00pm
- Minutes of previous meeting
- Matters arising
- Police report
- Reports: secretary and treasurer
- Councillors’, MSP’s, MP’s reports
- Planning update
- Skyliner, Ocean Drive, 18/00846/FUL – LHNCC response
- Great Junction Street – 17/05415/FUL – LHNCC response
- Planning Application, 18/01154/PAN – Baltic Street. Public Consultation
- Leith Chooses – Results Wednesday 21 March 2018
- EDLP Briefing Spring 2018 – NE Locality Office, Wednesday 21 March
- Edinburgh Trams Information event – Leith Library, Thursday 22 March
- Your Scottish Parliament is coming to Leith to hear what you think about human rights and the Scottish Parliament. Focus Group – South Leith Parish Church Halls on Monday, 26 March, between 12.30pm and 2.30 pm
- Victoria Primary School – Gala Day, Saturday 26 May
- New Victoria Primary School – Initial Design Concepts
- OneCity Trust open for grant applications – grants of between £5,000 and £10,000 available
- Community Council training event – Tuesday 27 February 2018 – feedback
- Leith Festival Gala Day: Saturday 9 June 2018 – Application forms available for stall
- LRT Transport to Western General hospital – update
- LHNCC Newsletter
- Edinburgh Tram Update – current plans and following this with an open question and answer session. LHNCC meeting 24 April 2018
- Edinburgh Remakery
- Visit to SS Explorer- email sent requesting suggested available dates
- Date of next meeting: Tuesday 24 April 2018
(adapted from an email from the Botanic Gardens)
You are invited to an Edinburgh Shoreline event at the Botanic Garden on 29 March. This is the start of a year- long project focusing on the Edinburgh Shoreline – its rich history, culture and biodiversity – with input from local communities regarding how they relate to their section of coast and how they envisage it in the future. Please feel free to pass on to all those who might be interested. There will be a range of ways in which local communities can get involved and this first event focuses on community contributions to an RBGE exhibition this summer. See below the cut for more information about the project.
Balfour Building, Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh, 20A Inverleith Row. Edinburgh EH3 5LR. Enter on the east side of the garden at 20 A Inverleith Row as the John Hope Gateway entrance on the west side will be closed.
Tea and coffee will be available from 6.00 pm and the meeting will finish at 8.00.
To book a place please contact Charlotte Johnson at email@example.com
The 8, 23 and 27 buses all stop close to 20 A Inverleith Row.
(adapted from an email from EMA Architecture + Design Limited)
Proposed residential development with commerciaal units and associated landscape, drainage, roads and infastructure on behalf of BDW Trading limited.
Please click the thumbnails to see full PDFs of the PAN submission (9 March) for the above project. The application has been submitted on behalf of BDW Trading Limited and please note we have a public event scheduled with the dates / located below;
Location – Leith Public Library
Date – Wednesday 9th of May 2018
Time – 3pm till 7:30pm
In the short term, further information may be available from James Fraser of EMA.
for EMA Architecture + Design Limited
EMA Architecture + Design Limited
42 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh, EH2 4HQ.
t: 0131 247 1450
m: 07880 808336
(The following is reproduced verbatim from an email from Edinburgh Council, via firstname.lastname@example.org. It does not represent LHNCC’s policy in any way.)
Beginning 19 March, the City of Edinburgh Council will undertake six weeks of public consultation and engagement on taking Edinburgh Trams to Newhaven. This will provide the public, local business and stakeholders with general information on the project, specific details around traffic management during construction and the proposed permanent design. We will also outline our current proposals on how we aim to support local business during the construction period.
During consultation your views will be sought on traffic management and phasing. This includes proposals for the closure of Leith Walk to all northbound traffic, with a single city-bound lane remaining open and the phased closure and reopening of Constitution Street. Work in these areas is expected to last for up to 18 months. Continue reading