Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting, 28 October 2021

Minutes of the Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting
(Construction Phase) via Google Meet on Thursday 28 October 2021 at 5:30pm

Actions and decisions are red italic. ‘TT’ means ‘Trams Team’. Names are sometimes abbreviated to initials.

1 Attendance

Robert Armstrong TT Bruce Ryan CCTT minutes secretary
Don Giles CCTT/LHNCC Harald Tobermann CCTT/LCCC
Jennifer Marlborough CCTT/LHNCC Chris Wilson TT
Carol Nimmo CCTT/NTBCC

2 Apologies

Charlotte Encombe CCTT/LCCC Steve Jackson TT
Angus Hardie CCTT/LLCC Andrew Mackenzie CCTT /LLCC

3 Final Design / Landscape Issues

3.a Final Designs

3.a.i Action September (3a): R Leech: TT WILL DISTRIBUTE FINAL DESIGNS

  • H Tobermann: Final designs have not yet reached CCTT
  • R Armstrong: these were being reviewed this week by TT. As far as I know, they are ready for distribution
  • Action: RA to set up a meeting towards end of next week to take CCTTT members through the designs next week.
    • Note: this may need to be 2 meetings, depending on regulations covering how many people can meet at once

3.a.ii Progress of bike lane/pedestrian space muddle at Elm Row/London Road?

  • R Armstrong: the designs can’t be changed now – they were agreed with CEC Active Travel, Spokes etc in 2018. I appreciate this answer will not like this answer.
  • M Birch: This is about the cycle-lane on Elm Row being split into two uni-directional parts. This would result in pedestrians walking from the London Road pedestrian crossing needing to cross two cycle-lanes.
    • I disagree with RA’s answer. The consultation undertaken in 2019 showed a different design. It wasn’t until June 2020 that plans showed the ‘two-lane’ design. It is unclear how this change was made, and what assessments supported this change. It cannot be the result of public consultation. Community Councils and Living Streets Edinburgh are very, very concerned about risks inherent in the current design. It is not optimal for pedestrians or cyclists. It will also add to project costs. Then plans do not comply with Edinburgh Street Design Guidance, or Transport Scotland Guidance. (The latter specifically calls for not sharing space between pedestrians and cyclists in built-up areas.) Changes are needed now, before building starts.
    • C Nimmo: this section of pavement is very busy, not least because it hosts important ‘interchange’ bus-stops. The current designs do not put pedestrians first.
    • Action: M Birch to explain CCTT’s position in writing to TT.
    • Action: R Armstrong to explain reasons for current designs at next week’s meeting.

3.a.iii Review of similar muddle at Pilrig St/Leith Walk

  • H Tobermann: the planned cycle-lanes here are non-intuitive and over-complex.
    • Action: TT to cover this also at next week’s meeting.

3.a.iv How to fix ‘legacy issues’ like Leith Walk pavement width?

  • H Tobermann: TT has said that the process could have been better. CCTT can’t press for changes now, to avoid worsening disruption by delaying the whole project. However, CCTT gives notice it will call for fixes post-completion, not least by engagement with politicians.
  • R Leech: I appreciate this approach.

3.b Traffic modelling showing impact post-construction: difference between VISSM modelling and LinSig (junction only) modelling

3.b.i Action from September (3c): Traffic modelling showing impact along the whole route and hinterland post-construction – ACTION: R ARMSTRONG TO CONSIDER THIS, perhaps delivering an initial taster session.

  • H Tobermann: R Armstrong has helpfully described the differences between VISSM and LinSig modelling. As I understand it, LinSig models traffic flows only at individual junctions; VISSM gives an overall picture of a whole area.
  • R Armstrong: this is correct. Modelling of individual junctions needs to be done first, to enable area overviews. There was some generalised modelling by Jacobs in the past. Then the work was broken into smaller areas, to model each junction. Once these are finalised, the work is plugged into the VISSM modelling.
  • R Armstrong: hence we are still waiting on the final VISSM modelling.
  • H Tobermann: can CCTT see the LinSig modelling in advance of completion of VISSM modelling?
  • R Armstrong: I recommend waiting until VISSM is finished, because LinSig models provide only hundreds of pages of data-points, not on-screen visualisations.
  • M Birch: I’m content to wait if this will be more productive.
    • Action: RA to email Pilrig LinSig junction data to HT
  • C Nimmo: it is strange that in the previous tram project, people were shown on-screen modelling early in the process. Why is it different for this project?
    • R Leech: This is because TT wishes to present the full picture to CCTT, including how trams will interact with other traffic, not just individual junctions. This can’t be done until final designs are available. It is unlikely that full VISSM modelling was completed for the demonstration you refer to.
    • H Tobermann: if the design is not yet sufficiently fixed, are there currently opportunities to change it?
    • M Birch: does the modelling cover tram movements or just road traffic? The report to CEC in August covering the TRO stated that modelling showed that without banning the left-turn onto London Rd, trams would not be able to get through this junction. This is different to what had been spoken about before, i.e. saturation of this junction. I’m surprised that overall modelling isn’t available.
    • R Armstrong: it covers both. We need to include the trams in modelling.
    • R Leech: discussion should include a modelling professional. (RA concurs.)

3.c Loading bays and bus stops between Pilrig St and Balfour St

  • H Tobermann: this week, Leith Walk traders have been concerned that the planned loading bays and bus stops will not be wide enough for lorries and buses, so these may impede traffic when parked.
  • R Armstrong: I learnt of this concern today. 2·5m is the standard size. The bays and stops will meet required standards.
  • H Tobermann: I believe many delivery lorries are wider than 2·5m
  • Action: RA to advise widths of buses. Designs will not have been created by ignorant amateurs.
  • H Tobermann; there are precedents of mistakes, e.g. with kerbstones.
  • Action: RA to advise widths of buses. Designs will not have been created by ignorant amateurs.
  • M Birch: ESDG specifies 6.5m where there are two traffic lanes, and that buses are 2·55 m wide.
  • R Armstrong: I will get Atkins to supply a suitable technical note.

3.d Pavement widths in Leith Links CC area

  • H Tobermann: please supply a table of pavement widths in Leith Links CC area, similar to that supplied for LCCC area.
  • Action: R Armstrong to supply this in the next few days

3.e Greenside Lane

  • M Birch: local residents are now concerned that closure of this lane will prevent access by emergency vehicles. While R Armstrong has said that emergency vehicles will be able to cross cycle-lanes etc to access the lane, what about access for deliveries and tradespeople servicing houses in Greenside Row etc? it is already difficult for large vehicles to turn here, and when the lane closes, it will be even harder for delivery vehicles to enter or exit this area. There are good reasons for closing the lane, e.g. safety of pedestrians and cyclists, spaces for bins, but there is concern that impacts of this closure on residents and businesses have not been considered.
  • R Armstrong: I am in regular contact with the Playhouse about delivery arrangements: it currently has no concerns. TT is currently dealing with a query from the nearby Marriott Hotel. Greenside Lane is within the TT project area.

3.f Lindsay Road

  • J Marlborough: Lindsay Rd is very narrow in places. Please share final designs for this. Also, there has been no clarification of final designs about to buses turning in Ocean Drive, or about allowances for buses at Ocean Terminal.
    • R Leech: this has been resolved. We will cover it at next week’s extra meeting.
    • R Armstrong: an extra phase has been put into traffic signals to allow buses to turn. Also, the island has been widened so cars cannot undertake turning buses, and other lanes have been suitably widened.
    • J Marlborough: does this take into account Ocean Terminal’s new planning application?
    • R Armstrong: trams construction will be finished before the Ocean Terminal work starts, so that work will need to tie in with whatever will be in place as a result of the trams project.

4 Construction-related disruption issues

4.a Temporary pedestrian crossings on Leith Walk

4.a.i Locate crossing nearer to desire lines, especially at Pilrig and coordinate with bus stops; unnecessary diversions (e.g. McDonald; previously also Annandale) should be avoided

  • C Wilson: there was discussion last night about reinstatement of a crossing at the Pilrig junction. This is due next week.
    I will tell businesses the exact day.
  • H Tobermann: can the general process for all junctions include keeping crossings in the same place when flipping work from one side of the route to the other? I appreciate some movement may be caused by underground conditions.
  • R Armstrong: I have asked for planned flip-dates, and will be happy to discuss this with CCTT and CCs.
  • H Tobermann: when the project started there was a commitment to 200m distances between crossings, but it appears this is not being upheld. Is this driven by other pressures than pedestrians’ needs? Please commit to observing the 200m ‘rule’.
  • R Armstrong: We do. I am almost certain that only the Pilrig crossing is above 200m from the next crossing.
  • H Tobermann: please supply a map of planned crossings.

4.a.ii Flags: half-mast isn’t visible from a distance (an extra 75cm should be easily achievable); when hidden behind corners (McDonald) they are useless; they need to be deployed consistently at al crossings

  • H Tobermann: the flags are now in place but are at ‘half-mast’. It doesn’t help that they are pale and not at all crossings.
    • R Armstrong: instructions have been issued today to raise flags.

4.a.iii Request: to regularly issue maps to CCTT/TT meetings showing all pedestrian crossings (and distances), bus stops and planned changes (with dates)

  • Action: TT will do this (R Armstrong said this.)

4.b Impact of London Road to York Place TTM measures on pedestrians and other active travel modes, bus diversions/travel times, general motor traffic diversions

  • M Birch: I told R Armstrong and C Wilson yesterday that this has gone better than I feared. There were some teething issues but traffic is flowing better at Picardy than I anticipated, nor is there much backup on London Rd. There are some signage issues. I understand that if changes will persist for less than 6 months, TT will use ‘temporary’ signage; otherwise TT will use different signage. On Queen St, a big sign shows 2 traffic lanes, but this is incorrect – please sort it.
    • C Nimmo: It started well – in the half-term holiday. However, the junction is currently blocked, with traic building up on Blenheim Place. There is no box-junction. Royal Terrace is being used as a rat-run.
    • R Armstrong: North Bridge was closed last night, and will be closed for another 2 days. The build-ups you notice may be due in part to this closure. We will need to monitor traffic during further closures of North Bridge. Complete closures are due 12 to 14 November. Then North Bridge will be one-way (south-bound) only until October 2022. Traffic will use the Mound to go from the Old Town to the New Town (north-bound).
    • H Tobermann: this breaks the promised embargo. Works have been going on here for at least a year.
    • R Armstrong: these are emergency works. I can put you in touch with the relevant CEC officer.
    • R Leech: I understand that following a full survey after concrete fell off the bridge 3 years ago this work has needed to be expanded. The bridge can’t simply be patched.
    • R Armstrong: I am happy to explain this in detail. As Interface manager, I chair meetings covering all traffic-related projects in Edinburgh.
    • M Birch: I understand the North Bridge project was due to finish in 2020 but is now estimated to finish in 2023, due to (1) more problems than anticipated being found; (2) COVID. Hence there is more overlap with the trams project, which does not ease life for local residents.
    • J Marlborough: there is currently gridlock in Commercial St, so buses are delayed for up to 25 minutes. Other nearby areas are horrendous, especially in the mornings, with traffic jamming back from Bernard St bridge.
    • R Armstrong: Lothian Buses has not told TT about such delays. I will check with them.
    • J Marlborough: can a representative from bus groups join one of these meetings, to understand Lothian Buses’ position, especially after tram-construction is finished?

4.c Please explain continued painfully slow progress of pavement works (start/end?) between Pilrig and Balfour, including evidence of removing work already (partially) completed, with pedestrians hemmed in between heras fencing and frontages: safety issues for pedestrians (especially at night) and footfall impact for businesses.

  • H Tobermann: Heras fencing has been moved into place, narrowing the west-side pavement, then nothing happened. Could the lifted slabs be replaced temporarily with tarmac? Please learn lessons from work on this side for when work is flipped to the other side, to make things better for pedestrians and businesses.
  • R Leech: issues stem now more from labour shortages than shortage of materials. TT has resolved labour problems for utility works but there are difficulties obtaining labourers who have pavement-laying skills. This is a UK-wide issue. TT needs to anticipate better about labour shortages.
  • H Tobermann: when would SFN be penalised for late delivery?
  • R Leech: the contractor would be penalised if it does not deliver in full on the completion date. This date may be varied. The labour shortage has caused the contractor to follow a critical path to completion. Completion on time is the contractor’s responsibility. The contract incentivises CEC and the contractor to share any pains. The industry is lobbying for foreign workers to be allowed to work on UK projects.

4.d ‘Flipping’ pavement/cycle-path works and running lane from west side to east side of Leith Walk

4.d.i Share example layout with CCTT/TT, showing plans for clear and consistent layouts if done in phases (block by block) and careful relocating of bus stops (near desire lines/crossings)

  • H Tobermann: will all work finished on the west side of Leith Walk when work is flipped?
  • R Armstrong: a few small pieces will remain to be done. Bus stops will be on the central reservation (because buses’ doors are on their left), the reservation will be widened, and suitable crossings will be introduced.
  • M Birch: There are concern about this for people with visual or mobility issues. Will there be tactile paving etc?
  • R Armstrong: each stop will be located next to a new pedestrian crossing, where drop-kerbs and tactile paving will be in place. Heras fencing will be used to increase safety measures. The first stop to be put in place will be between Annandale and McDonald Rds.

4.d.ii Agree to avoid negative pedestrian issues experienced with west side pavement works

  • H Tobermann: please learn lessons from the current works for post-flip works.

4.e Progress on patching potholes and drainage issues on diversion routes: Leopold and elsewhere

  • R Armstrong” I recently visited Leopold Place with SFN, spray-making parts to be fixed. There will be ~£30,000 of repair work here, from the island to the top of Hillside Crescent. Once other works are completed, CEC should resurface the whole area.
  • M Birch: Leopold Place was only one of several concerning places, e.g. some repairs are needed on McDonald Rd.
  • R Armstrong: I have actioned this with CEC (Edinburgh Road Services). It should be done in the next fortnight.
  • M Birch: when will other places receive attention? Due to changes at London Rd, traffic is going over areas that were not intended to receive so much use. We need to monitor road-surfaces for deterioration, especially over the winter.
  • R Armstrong: CEC is engaging with contractors on this – they will be told to get it done. I can’t share the list of work to be done, but [CEC official] has a list for repairs to diversion routes. Other items will probably be my responsibility.
  • Action: MB to obtain list from the CEC official, then share that with CCTT

4.f Reasons for slow progress of relaying setts at Iona

  • R Leech: there was a shortage of skilled labour, but the work was eventually done. TT is now waiting on grouting material – it should arrive next week, then take 3-4 days to install.
  • H Tobermann: traders told CCTT this is a useful loading area. Can loading space be set aside, not just parking-spaces, at the Leith Walk end because that junction will be closed?
  • R Armstrong: This will be done. It will look a bit like a logistics hub, but using cones rather than painting lines on setts.
  • C Wilson: when this work is finished, the junction will be opened temporarily so traffic can turn left onto Leith Walk, until work is flipped to that side of Leith Walk..
  • H Tobermann: is this worthwhile, given the short time it would be open? Delivery drivers may get confused by changes.
  • R Armstrong: this can be debated but it would reduce pressure on other junctions.

4.g Action from September (4f): clocks change and winter approaching: progress on timeline for fixing existing lights – R Armstrong: THIS IS ON MY LIST OF ACTIONS

  • R Armstrong: we are making good progress: 37 lights were fixed on 18-19 October; temporary lights will be installed on Elm Row this week. Other lighting work is in progress at Ocean Drive, to be finished this week or next week.
  • J Marlborough: There are already lights in the area between the garden and the carpark. Thank you for these. Some work is still needed on Melrose Drive

4.h No street lighting from Melrose Drive to entrance for Ocean Terminal – R Leech: TT WILL LOOK INTO THIS

See above

4.i Action from September (3b): Melrose Drive/Ocean Drive junction, confusion with regard to mini roundabout and pedestrian crossing to hotel side of street – R ARMSTRONG TO TAKE THIS TO TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT REVIEW PANEL

  • J Marlborough: this has been addressed to an extent, with introduction of a specific pedestrian area.
  • ClassOne has sorted this area from scratch, giving buses more turning-space and making it more understandable.

4.j Action from September (4d): Oversized and redundant signage in Pilrig area blocking pedestrian movement; tatty/torn banners on heras fencing – R Leech: TT WILL LOOK INTO WHAT CAN BE DONE.

  • H Tobermann: this appears to have been accomplished, at least in part.
  • C Wilson: I walked the west side with RA and M Birch. It looked pretty clear, but I’ll get it checked again

4.k Action from September (4i): pro-active use of Pilrig Street Leith Walk end as logistics/loading area and not just uncontrolled parking area for sub-contractors’ vehicles (PPE) hiding communal bins – S Jackson: TT CAN LOOK INTO THIS NOW THIS WORK HAS FINISHED

  • H Tobermann: currently construction vehicles are parked here all day, blocking communal bins; use of the area is uncontrolled. Please install traffic-management here.
  • R Armstrong: this will be done next week, similar to the Iona St works, delineating parking spaces

4.l Any other construction-related disruption/congestion issues

4.l.i loading area on Union St

  • M Birch: TT has removed some parking spaces here, but I saw vehicles with disability stickers using this space, so it can’t be used for loading. What more can TT do?
  • R Armstrong: I will engage with CEC parking enforcement about this, but stopping blue-badge holders parking here will be difficult

4.l.ii No pedestrian crossing between the Playhouse and Annandale St

  • H Tobermann: I recently saw that there is no pedestrian crossing between the Playhouse and Annandale St, so crossings are distant from desire lines, and it’s more than 200m between crossings.
  • R Armstrong: the crossing outside the Playhouse has always been there. Then next one is at the north side of Elm Row.
  • M Birch: this gap is about 300m

4.l.iii Noise monitoring

  • H Tobermann: where are the noise/vibration monitoring stations in the Bernard St area?
  • R Armstrong: I will find out

4.l.iv Completion of works in the Constitution St area

H Tobermann asked about these, on behalf of Constitution St residents.

  • C Wilson: TT will meet with residents about this next week
  • R Armstrong: work will start in the Coatfield to Laurie St area in January 2022, and take ~6 months.

5 Review of latest metrics

5.a Dashboard

5.a.i Period Lookahead

From TT’s slide

  • Continuation of infrastructure works between London Road to Annandale St and McDonald Rd to Middlefield
  • Continuation of drainage and commencement of track construction between Middlefield to Pilrig St
  • Continuation of track construction and surfacing work, commencement of reinstatements between Pilrig St to Dalmeny St
  • Commence surfacing work, continue reinstatements between Arthur St to Springfield St
  • Commence reinstatement works between Springfield St and Stead’s Place
  • Continuation of track construction between Jane St and Crown Place
  • Continuation of drainage and ducting works and commencement of track construction at Pilrig St Junction
  • Continuation of the Lorne & Iona St Attenuation pipework
  • Continuation of track construction and drainage and ducting between Foot of the Walk and Coatfield Lane
  • Continuation of surfacing, reinstatement works and sewer tank works, Queen Charlotte St, and Constitution Place
  • Continuation of track construction (curved rails) and reinstatement works at Ocean Terminal
  • Continuation of track construction works Newhaven to Melrose Drive
  • Continuation of utility, excavation, drainage between Ocean Terminal and Rennie’s Isle
  • Continuation of utility, excavation, drainage works and track construction between Rennie’s Isle and Tower Place
  • Continuation of utility, excavation and commencement of drainage works between Tower Place and Constitution Place Phase 2
  • Commence utility, excavation and drainage works between London Rd and Picardy Place
  • Continuation of McDonald Rd tram stop construction
  • Continuation of Balfour St tram stop construction
  • Continuation of The Shore tram stop construction
  • Continuation of Ocean Terminal tram stop construction
  • Continuation of Foot of the Walk tram stop construction

5.a.ii Health and safety

  • H Tobermann: I saw someone at Pilrig St junction limping away recently. Was this a major or minor injury?
  • C Wilson: I can’t comment just now but I will look into this.

5.a.iii Progress

  • H Tobermann: it had been stated that Leith Walk work would be completed in 18 months.
  • C Wilson: this work started on 20 June 2020, so was due to finish at the end of 2021. However labour and materials shortages, and COVID, mean this is unlikely. TT is root-and-branch reviewing the programme, and will send out information in the next 2-3 weeks. Hence this map on TT website will be updated. It’s ~6 months since the last review. TT will be transparent about any slippages or delays, and their causes.
  • R Leech: COVID and Brexit have inevitably caused difficulties but TT is quietly please that completion is still anticipated in Spring 2023.
  • H Tobermann: CCTT agrees with TT’s central aim to have trams running by then, but is concerned that businesses may suffer unanticipated pain during construction. CCTT would welcome TT making up to businesses for any such delays.
  • R Leech: fair point

5.a.iv Key metrics

  • M Birch: installation of drainage appears to be 700m behind overall target. What’s causing this?
  • R Leech: there could be several causes. It may be caused by attenuation.
    • Action: MB to ask S Jackson
  • H Tobermann: 0% of substations were planned for this month but 1 has been installed. Please explain.
  • R Leech: work has started earlier than anticipated
  • H Tobermann: track-slab work has slipped slightly
  • R Leech: this was due to shortage of concrete

5.a.v Stakeholder and communication

  • C Wilson: the number of tickets is slightly reduced since last month. People are increasingly contacting TT by email and social media, rather than by phone
  • C Wilson: the number of tickets about the south section has increased somewhat. There was growth in numbers about Stevedore Place and Ocean Terminal, mostly about traffic management
  • M Birch: there have been large increases in tickets for Picardy Place. What are the issues causing this?
  • C Wilson: they are mostly about traffic management, but some are about cycling.

5.b Geographical breakdown of public queries (‘tickets’)

From C Wilson’s spreadsheet

Area 28-Oct Area 28-Oct
North Section 62 Mitchell Street
South Section 93 Lorne Street
LW Cycle Lane Pilrig Closure
Bernard/Baltic Junction, Timber Bush 10 Cambridge Avenue
Stevedore Place 28 Foot of the Walk
Constitution Street 16 Rennie’s Isle
Leith Walk 16 Queen Charlotte Street
Newhaven Public Art 0 Tower Place
Windsor St/ London Rd/ Montgomer St 2 Haddington Place 2
Ocean Drive 7 Spey Street
Lindsay Road Tram stops
Jane Street East Claremont Street
Haddington Place London Road
Iona Street 5 Balfour Street 2
Elm Row 2 Shrubhill
Lorne Street Dalmeny Street 1
Tower Street 3 Steads Place / Springfield Street 6
Ocean Terminal 20 Dickson Street
Antigua Street North Leith Sands
Victoria Quay Victoria Bridge
Gayfield Square Picardy Place 12
Laurie Street Constitution Place 4
Maritime Lane Croall Place 3
McDonald Road 2 The Shore 2

6 Looking ahead

6.a Upcoming TT plans through to end November

6.a.i Works planned: locations and nature (and impact) of work

Detailed discussion held over due to S Jackson’s absence

6.a.ii Consequent changes to current pedestrian routes

  • C Wilson/R Armstrong:
    • reintroduction of Pilrig St junction (due next week)
    • flipping of work, and associated work on pedestrian crossings between Annandale St and McDonald Rd
    • relocation of logistics hub from Crown St southwards (towards city centre)

6.a.iii Consequent changes to bus routes and bus stops

  • R Armstrong: the only change is that service 13 (currently using Brunswick St) will use London Rd
  • H Tobermann: have changes to buses due to closure of North Bridge been published? I predict that TT and CEC will be blamed for any inconvenience to travellers.
  • R Armstrong: they should be published. A communications plan is being devised by Lothian Buses.

6.a.iv Consequent changes to motor traffic and predicted impact from displaced traffic on other area

  • H Tobermann: will cars have to wait behind buses stopping at stops on the central reservation on Leith Walk?
  • R Armstrong: buses will pull into stopping areas, so that other traffic will not be impeded by them

6.b Upcoming design challenges and options being considered/upcoming construction challenges

  • R Armstrong: the ‘big bang’ of traffic-management introduction is due in January 2022, so TT is working on this, and working with the North Bridge team and other key stakeholders on wider traffic management strategies.
  • R Armstrong: TT is also working on how to flip work at the foot of the walk (January-February 2022)
  • R Armstrong: City Centre West to East Link (CCWEL) work in York Place will tie in with phase 3 of TT traffic management work. There will be some advance work on North St David St pavements.

7 Changes to Project Phasing and Completion (if any)

7.a Changes to major milestones

  • See above assurance of final completion in Spring 2023
  • C Wilson: milestones are reviewed monthly or weekly, but updates are issued at key times.
  • H Tobermann: please give earlier warnings of slippages from previously-published timelines

7.b Impact of supply chain/labour issues

  • See above discussions

8 AOB

No items

9 Subsequent meetings

  • C Nimmo: I can’t make 25 November
  • H Tobermann: I propose meeting in mid-December, focussing on issues related to winter closure of work.
  • R Leech: hybrid meetings don’t work in my experience. COVID has not gone away, and this format works for main CCTT/TT meetings, so I propose these meeting are online-only until the end of 2021. (C Nimmo concurred.)
  • R Leech: I am happy to have in-person meetings to look at plans in detail etc
  • M Birch: this approach works well.
  • H Tobermann: I would like to avoid meeting online only until the end of the project. In-person works better. I’ve had decent experiences of hybrid meetings. However, I’m happy to meet online only on 25 November.
  • Decision: TT to outline its closure plans on 25 November. Any issues can be covered in ad-hoc meetings
  • Action: R Armstrong to check how many people can attend in-person meetings in TT offices, and hence whether 2 meetings are needed next week, then suggest dates/times (not Friday evenings).
  • Decision: B Ryan will not minute next week’s meeting(s)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.