Before the 23rd February
- If you would like to come and vote, but cannot get to the Community Centre under your own steam, please let us know asap and we’ll try and arrange help for you to attend.
- If you are bringing younger children, you may wish to book them in to the free creche (for both applicants and voters). Please get in touch to book them in, in advance (places limited – first come, first served).
Email Caroline.Lamond@edinburgh.gov.uk for either / both of the above
On the day
We suggest that you come early, if you can – doors open at 12 – don’t leave it to the last minute, because
- it may get busy at Registration, and at the ballot boxes
- you will want plenty time to chat to project groups on their ‘stalls’
- there will be lovely free food on offer, but it may start to run out….
- your kids may want to get glitter tattoos or face-painting done
- under 8s may need help with the new ‘Kids Vote’ (for the ‘Best Stall’)…
(LHNCC apologises that these are published later than usual. This was due to LHNCC not meeting in December, and the minutes secretary being away in January.)
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 27 November 2018 at 6.30pm
Actions and decisions are red italics. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item. Continue reading
Click the graphic to see the full-size PDF.
Groups and people wishing to apply for £eithChooses2018-19 funding are welcome to come to drop-in support sessions:
- Tuesday 8 January 2019, 1pm to 5:30pm, at McDonald Road Library
- Thursday 10th January 2019, 3pm to 5pm, atLeith Library
- Tuesday 15 January2019, 3pm to 8pm, at McDonald Road Library
Get your application forms and guidance from either http://www.leithchooses.net/forms or the Leith Neighbourhood Partnership website
Deadline for applications is Monday 21 January.
Click the graphic for what it’s all about!
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 23 October 2018 at 6.30pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item. Continue reading
Shore Room, Leith Community Education Centre, Newkirkgate
Tuesday 27 November at 6.30pm
- Introductions and apologies for absence
- Minutes of previous meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report
- Reports: Secretary and Treasurer
- Councillors’, MSPs’ and MP’s reports
- Planning update
Please see also briefing document circulated separately.
Details for all local applications are available on LHNCC planning web-page.
- 1-5 Baltic Street: 18/07468/PAN
- Bath Road (Salamander Street)18/08206/FUL
- Great Junction Street: 17/05415/FUL
- (Coatfield Lane & Giles Street): 18/08051/FUL
- Western Harbour Waterfront: 09/00165/OUT
- CCTT (Community Councils Together on Trams)
Please see response to second trams consultation on LHNCC website.
- Local events & feedback
Details available on LHNCC’s Event web-page.
- Victoria Primary School Christmas Lights
- Leith Chooses Launch – Information circulated
- WW1 Commemoration (10/11/18) & Leith Remembrance Service 11/11/18
- CEC Consultations
Please see also CEC consultation hub and LHNCC’s other work web-page.
- Planning for Change, Delivering Services 2019-2023, closing date 7/12/19
- CEC Proposal for a Transient Visitor Levy/Tourist Tax within the City. closing date10/12/18
- Common Good Register, closing date 31/12/18
- NE Neighbourhood Partnership: Group exercise to help us understand how people think we should spend and invest in Council Services. Information circulated.
- Leith Neighbourhood Partnership Agenda Planning Meeting, 6.00pm, Monday, 3 December 2018, Nelson Hall, McDonald Road Library
- Date of next meeting: Tuesday 22 January 2019
Click the thumbnails to see the full-size graphics: