Adapted from an email form Citizen Curator, with apologies for late posting by LHNCC. (The email was received in good time.)
I wanted to initially flag that Leith Creative and the Scottish Community Development Center will be co-hosting three meetings over the coming months.
Building on from the Leith Conference in October 2019, the meetings will focus on the key issues effecting the area, the development of a Local Place Plan and the potential of a new Leith Community Development Trust.
I will circulate booking details early February, but for your diary – meetings will be held in the Leith Community Center between 6.30 and 9pm, on the;
- 20th February
- 19th March
- 23rd April
The meetings are open to all so please do share as soon as bookings open. A light bite and refreshment will be available on the night.
As some of you know over the break I took the decisions to step down from Citizen Curator, the charity that supported this Leith Conference and founded Leith Creative. It will be winding down over the coming months. I hope to finish this project and focus on the foundation of something new for the area to continue this work.
In the mean time, just a quick thank you for your support so far, and I will be responding in person shortly.
LHNCC Meeting, Shore Room, Leith Community Education Centre, Newkirkgate
Tuesday 23 April 2019 at 6.30pm
- Introductions, apologies
- Minutes of previous meeting
- Matters arising
- Police report
- Reports: secretary and treasurer
- Councillors’, MSP’s, MP’s reports
- Planning Team report/s and Updates
- 198 Great Junction St. (Art Deco Cinema): 2 Ocean Drive 18/09563/FUL & 18/09850/AMC
- Ocean Terminal Proposal: Rebranding and external alterations 19/01208/FUL
- CCTT (Community Councils Together on Trams)
- Local events, news & feedback
- Save Leith Walk
- Newhaven Gala Day VPS
- Pedestrianisation of The Shore
- Edinburgh Bus Users Group (EBUG)
- CEC new Edinburgh Partnership – Discussion and feedback from EACC Meeting 18 April 2019
- Revive proposal regarding LRT route 21 via Western General Hospital – update
- Rennie’s Dock Bridge closure – Resident requesting information regarding above
- Leith Creative Making Places. Proposal to Leith Community Councils
- Date of next meeting
(adapted from an email from GivRum)
Got an idea for how to help improve an area in Leith? Leith Creative and GivRum can help Make It Happen! We’re calling on local people who care about their community to take part in a day of action and adventure in Leith.
Make It Happen is an event where participants have just one day to take a simple project from idea to reality – Challenge Anneka style! Together we will brainstorm on what’s needed where and make small changes to improve some of the areas around Leith Theatre and Leith Library. A public vote in the morning will decide the best ideas to hand, ideas which will then have access to a materials bank and limited cash fund in order to complete the projects within the day time limit. There will also be some tools available, plus team facilitators to help groups realise their projects.
This event has previously taken place in Denmark and Brazil, with a diverse range of ideas coming out of the process including street furniture building, urban gardening, and music workshops for the community. You can see previous events here: https://vimeo.com/254636500 and https://vimeo.com/240972554, or visit https://www.facebook.com/events/383159288874910 Continue reading
click to download: 2017_10_24 final
Click to download: 2017_10_24 agenda