LHNCC Meeting, Shore Room, Leith Community Education Centre, Newkirkgate
Tuesday 28 May 2019 at 6.30pm
1. Introductions, apologies
2. Minutes of Previous Meeting
3. Matters arising
4. Police Report
5. Reports: Secretary and Treasurer
6. Councillors/MSP/MP Report/s
7. Planning update
(also available on LHNCC planning page)
7.a Cala: Waterfront Plaza (affordable block F) 16/03684/FUL
7.b Save Leith Walk
- Developer Drum have submitted Appeal to Scottish Govt. DPEA
- Response plan for Leith CCs
8. CCTT (Community Councils Together on Trams)
Next meeting 29 May, Contractor to be in attendance
9. Local events & feedback
Updates available on LHNCC ‘other work’ page
9.a Heart of Newhaven (formerly Newhaven Project)
Introducing Newhaven Walks: stand at Volunteering Event at Leith Community Centre and at other events to raise profile
9.b EBUG Public meeting
10. CEC and Scottish Government information and consultations
Detail available on LHNCC events page
10.a Edinburgh Partnership Review Outcomes
Starting to establish Neighbourhood Networks, Thursday 30 May, 6.00pm-8.00pm. Venue tbc.
10.b CEC Edinburgh Community Council Scheme Review Final Phase
· Closes 3 June 2019
10.c Scottish Government: Consultation Energy Efficient Scotland:
Closes 17 June 2019
10.d Scot. Govt. Short-term lets
Closes 19 July 2019
11.a Request from PLACE Edinburgh group regarding short term lets
11.b. Query from business owner regarding garages on Coatfield Lane
12. Date of next meeting:
Tuesday 25 June 2019
Shore Room, Leith Community Education Centre, Newkirkgate
Tuesday 27 November at 6.30pm
- Introductions and apologies for absence
- Minutes of previous meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report
- Reports: Secretary and Treasurer
- Councillors’, MSPs’ and MP’s reports
- Planning update
Please see also briefing document circulated separately.
Details for all local applications are available on LHNCC planning web-page.
- 1-5 Baltic Street: 18/07468/PAN
- Bath Road (Salamander Street)18/08206/FUL
- Great Junction Street: 17/05415/FUL
- (Coatfield Lane & Giles Street): 18/08051/FUL
- Western Harbour Waterfront: 09/00165/OUT
- CCTT (Community Councils Together on Trams)
Please see response to second trams consultation on LHNCC website.
- Local events & feedback
Details available on LHNCC’s Event web-page.
- Victoria Primary School Christmas Lights
- Leith Chooses Launch – Information circulated
- WW1 Commemoration (10/11/18) & Leith Remembrance Service 11/11/18
- CEC Consultations
Please see also CEC consultation hub and LHNCC’s other work web-page.
- Planning for Change, Delivering Services 2019-2023, closing date 7/12/19
- CEC Proposal for a Transient Visitor Levy/Tourist Tax within the City. closing date10/12/18
- Common Good Register, closing date 31/12/18
- NE Neighbourhood Partnership: Group exercise to help us understand how people think we should spend and invest in Council Services. Information circulated.
- Leith Neighbourhood Partnership Agenda Planning Meeting, 6.00pm, Monday, 3 December 2018, Nelson Hall, McDonald Road Library
- Date of next meeting: Tuesday 22 January 2019
Click the graphic to see the full-size PDF.
Cala Homes has issued a ‘Neighbours newsletter. LHNCC is sharing it with its followers for their information only. That is, this sharing is neither an endorsement or a criticism of Cala.
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council ordinary meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 25 September 2018 at 6.30pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. Nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against an item. Continue reading