Given the unusual nature of the circumstances we are in, we are doing our best for the Community Council and also the best in our responsibility to deliver upon our commitment to the community which we serve.
This is a public meeting.
Please register using Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/leith-harbour-newhaven-community-council-september-meeting-tickets-119405875187
- LHNCC welcomes public input in advance via the website contact-form at https://lhncc.org.uk/contact-us/.
- Public input is equally welcome at any time after the meeting.
LHNCC is aware that online meetings exclude those who cannot access them, whatever the reason. However, this is the best it can offer under the current circumstances.
We would also like to thank all the valiant people who are providing essential services across all sectors in our community and beyond.
AGM – 7.00pm
- Welcome, introductions and apologies
- Chairman : Annual Report
- Secretary: Annual Report
- Treasurer: report: accounts for FY19/20
- Office-bearer elections
- Date of next AGM: Tuesday 22 June 2021
- AGM was not held in June due to coronavirus.
- Following city-wide CC elections in October 2019, LHNCC elected the following office-bearers from its refreshed membership. (From the Edinburgh CC scheme, item 6.28: ‘All office-bearers shall be elected for one year but shall be eligible for re-election without limitation of time.’)
- Chair: Douglas Tharby
- Vice-chair: Elaine Dick
- Secretary: Jennifer Marlborough
- Treasurer: Douglas Tharby
- Engagement Officer: No election (Cllr McVey advised that this role is not mandatory.)
- Bruce Ryan was reappointed as non-voting minutes secretary and webmaster (nem con).
- This should not be read as LHNCC having pre-decided this meeting’s decisions.
Ordinary Meeting 7.30pm
- Introductions, apologies
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of August 2020 meeting
- Matters arising
- Police Report (tbc)
- Report from Elected Councillors
- Chair, Secretary and Treasurer reports
- Standing reports:
- Bath Road/Salamander St. PAN Application
- Seafield Project – update (NT).
- Western Harbour – Update (JM)
- Update (DT)
- Trams/CCTT (Community Councils Together on Trams) (JM)
- EBUG (Edinburgh Bus Users’ Group).(JM)
- OT Discovery Garden update (JM and ED)
- Leith Heritage Group Meeting – Update on Victoria And Rennie’s Isle Bridges. (JM)
- Rennie’s Isle Bridge – Proposal for John Rennie Commemorative plaque (JM)
- Heart of Newhaven Community Project – update (JM)
- Cockburn Association – Our Unique City. http://www.cockburnassociation.org.uk/uploads/Our%20Unique%20City%20FINAL%201%20May%202019.pdf
- LHNCC – Crown Estate Scotland – Sustainable Communities Fund update (ED)
- Edinburgh World Heritage – Edinburgh ‘s Climate Emergency 16/9/20 (JM)
- Generations working together (JM)
- Leith Chooses (DG)
- Neighbourhood Networks (DT)
- Date if next meeting – Tuesday 27 October 2020