Police Scotland warn that professional bike thieves are active all over Leith. Click the graphic to see what to do.
As a precaution against theft, Police Scotland recommend services such as veloeye.com: recording a photo and the frame number of your bike, and putting a marker on the bike itself.
If your bike is stolen, Police Scotland would find it helpful to know the following:
- frame material
- frame number (and its location on the bike)
- frame size
- wheel size
- tyres (make, colour, identifying marks)
- gears (make, type, number)
- handlebar style
- pedals (full description)
- suspension and /or shocks
- bottle cage
- non-standard additions
- identifying marks