(adapted from an email from Trams to Newhaven)
The Trams to Newhaven team have sent out a newsletter about the support they are offering to businesses during the construction of the tram extension to Newhaven.
Support will include
- A business continuity fund to support local business who suffer from short-term cash flow issues during construction.
- A discount scheme funded by the Council allowing your customers to buy goods at a reduced price and at no cost to your business.
- Local delivery innovations, allowing your shop to make deliveries to customer using cargo bikes
- An investment in the local area to maintain cleanliness and carry out improvements to shop fronts
- A dedicated local business champion who will be able to advise you on a variety of ways to get your business ready for the works and who will host free digital skills improvement workshops
- A significant open for business campaign across a variety of channels, including digital and traditional methods
- The introduction of three local transport hubs that will provide temporary car parking, bicycle parking, bus stops and loading bays during construction.
- Strategically located logistics hubs staffed with the appropriate number of logistics officers, based on specific demand in each local area. All officers will be trained in manual handling and lifting heavy loads and will assist with deliveries.
Contact the Trams to Newhaven team for further details!