(adapted from an email from Edinburgh Council. Those who are interested in the proposed tram extension, or the Picardy Place redevelopment might be interested in section 3.27 of the Transport Strategy.)
Three inter-related projects are being developed collectively by the City of Edinburgh Council to improve the quality of life of those who live, work, and visit Scotland’s capital city, by helping to create safer and more attractive streets and spaces, cleaner air, and improved access for all.
The three projects are:
- Edinburgh’s Transport Strategywhich is being reviewed to determine fit-for-purpose transport and mobility policies and actions for our city
- Central Edinburgh Transformationwhich concerns the future development of central Edinburgh and its public realm
- the development of a Low Emission Zoneaimed at improving air quality by keeping the most polluting vehicles out of the most polluted places.
All three contribute towards the developing 2050 Edinburgh City Vision, by improving mobility, and creating better places.
To help shape the development of the three projects we kindly request your attendance at a stakeholder workshop, being held to better understand issues associated with transport, mobility, and placemaking across our city, as well as identifying opportunities for improvement. Such stakeholder feedback will inform the development of proposals to be consulted on across the city later in the year.
By the end of Monday 30 April, please register your interest to attend one of the following workshops at the City Chambers (European Room – High Street, Edinburgh), by emailing email@example.com with
- your name
- your contact details
- your organisation (where relevant), and
- your workshop preference:
- Wed. 9 May 18:00-20:00, or
- Thu. 10 May 09:30-11:30.
Thank you in advance for your time and anticipated assistance, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Spatial Policy Team | Place Directorate | The City of Edinburgh Council | G3 Waverley Court | 4 East Market Street | Edinburgh | EH8 8BG | firstname.lastname@example.org