(adapted from an email from Local Energy Scotland. LHNCC is simply passing on this information, and neither endorses or recommends against Local Energy Scotland and Foundation Scotland.)
Local Energy Scotland (LES) recently reported that over £20m has gone to communities across Scotland in the last 12 months from Community Benefits from renewable energy projects. This is an amazing landmark milestone to reach, especially when you consider the real and transformational difference that community benefits can have for communities. LES would like to use this opportunity to remind you of the free and impartial support available from them to help with planning for, managing and evaluating community benefits.
- We have launched a new, free Community Benefits Toolkit, developed in partnership with Foundation Scotland. This step-by-step guide is full of practical information, case studies and examples and is available on the Local Energy Scotland website.
- Foundation Scotland will be leading a free webinar on the 12th March at 1pm to give an overview of how to use the new Community Benefits Toolkit and will present case studies and examples from across Scotland. Sign up here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/915256972911081740
- An enablement grant to help community groups identify the needs and aspirations of their community, or to support the securing and setting up of community funds
- Frameworks of Contractors to help community groups select legal, financial, project management and community engagement services quickly and with confidence.
- Case studies to show how communities have benefited
- A Community Benefit Register that details community benefits provision across Scotland – don’t forget to add your community’s details if you are already in receipt of community benefits.
Find all of this information and more by visiting https://www.localenergy.scot/community-benefits/
Local Energy Scotland | Ocean Point 1 | 94 Ocean Drive | Edinburgh | EH6 6JH
Direct Dial 0131 555 7915 | Reception 0131 555 7900