Zero Waste Scotland has launched a new £100,000 fund, which Keep Scotland Beautiful is administering, to enable community groups to apply for funding to help them tackle the litter and flytipping in their own neighbourhoods.
The proposed objectives of the Fund are to:
- support community-led activity to tackle litter and flytipping and increase recycling on the go in Scotland;
- promote and encourage increased community ownership of local environmental quality issues;
- impact on current litter and flytipping levels within communities, raise awareness and stimulate public behavioural change; and
- promote partnership working between local communities, local authorities and other agencies.
Examples of the types of projects that will be considered are:
- community clean-ups and prevention initiatives;
- localised awareness raising and behaviour change campaigns to reduce some of Scotland’s most commonly littered and flytipped items;
- adopt-a-street projects;
- creating deterrents to litter and flytipping;
- raising awareness of penalties.
You can view more about the Fund and how to apply online here
The closing date for applications is 19 September 2014.
Keep Scotland Beautiful, First Floor, Glendevon House, The Castle Business Park, Stirling, FK9 4TZ
t: 01786 471333(switchboard) f: 01786 464611 e: firstname.lastname@example.org w: www.keepscotlandbeautiful.org