- Quarterly Newsletter launched – April 2018
- Support and volunteering for £eith Chooses – resulting in grants for 67 applicants
- Hosted Newhaven Tram Consultation presentation at Committee meeting, ongoing involvement and collaboration with other CCs
- Hosted various Planning Application presentations and responded as appropriate to requests for help from local residents
- Supported Newhaven Community Project
- Provided support for several local residents with their various queries
- Ongoing participation and support for Leith Festival
- Involved in campaign for Leith Museum
- Provided financial and volunteer support or Victoria Primary School Christmas Lighting and Gala Day events
- Participated in Age Friendly Community Event
- Represented at Remembrance Day Service – November 2017
- Represented at Commemoration Service for Quintinshill (Gretna) Rail disaster – May 2017
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 27 February 2018 at 7.00pm
Minutes of the Leith Harbour and Newhaven Community Council meeting, held at Leith Community Centre on Tuesday 23 January 2018 at 7.00pm
(with apologies for posting this so late)
Shore Room, Leith Community Education Centre, Newkirkgate
Tuesday 27 February at 7.00pm
- Minutes of previous meeting
- Matters arising
- Police report
- Presentation (7.30 approx.): Rory Garriock, CEC Community Engagement Manager, Tram Pre-consultation update.
- Reports: Secretary and Treasurer
- Councillors’, MSP’s, MP’s reports
- Planning update
- Planning Information, with direct access to relevant CEC Planning Applications, now available on LHNCC website
- Leith Chooses – Voting Saturday 3 March 2018
- ELDP Community Briefing Spring 2018 sessions
Venue: NE Locality Office, 101 Niddrie Mains Road, EH16 4DS
Date: Wednesday 21 March 2018
Time: 5pm – 6.30pm
light refreshments will be served from 4.45pm.
Contact: Judith Fordham, Development Plan Support Officer:
Tel. No: 0131 529 4692
- LHNCC Newsletter
- Request from Fiona Marks re Bollards in Melrose Drive
- Request from Noel Spencer who is in the process of setting up a non-profit community Art/Print hub in Leith called Bare Branding, an open access hub based on sharing similar to Leith Tool Library. Looking for premises and investment.
- Request from Denise Young, a Community and Engagement Development Worker for the RVS who is helping volunteers within the Leith area to set up a new book group for older people.
- d) Visit to SS Explorer-tbc
- Date of next meeting: Tuesday 27 March 2018
The applications are now in, and we are getting ready for voting!
You can come along on Saturday 3rd March (voting 12.00 noon – 3.00 p.m.) to the Leith Community Centre, Kirkgate, and vote in person. This is much the best way to vote because it will be sociable and really good fun! You can meet the applicants, hear / chat informally about all the great projects on offer, and then cast your votes for your favourites. We have free food and refreshments, and face-painting, glitter tattoos and balloon modelling, so that all the family can enjoy the day out. And if you come along and vote in person, you also get a bonus online vote.
From 3rd March, for a week, you can vote online.
You need a unique Voter ID number in order to log in and vote. You can get a card with a voter ID number from the Leith Library, the MacDonald Road Library, or from any of the £eith Chooses team (who will be out and about all week in various locations and also at Voter Support Sessions, see below).
Week beginning 5th March 2018, voter support sessions will be held as follows:
Mondays: Leith Library, Ferry Road, 12-2 pm and 5-7 pm
Tuesdays; McDonald Road Library, 12-2 pm and 5-7 pm
Wednesdays; Leith Community Centre, 12-2 pm (Persevere Room) and 5-7 pm (Cafe)
Thursdays: The Hub, Restalrig Road, 12-2 pm only. Friday and Weekend – out and about around Leith (details later)
For further information: http://www.leithchooses.net
click to download: 2017_11_28 final
(adapted from an email from Edinburgh Council)
It has been marvellous to learn about the creative ideas and valuable work in the community happening in Leith. There is room for more so please do send us your ideas by the 31st January 2018. We want to actively support your fantastic work.
£EITH CHOOSES project has £116,000 to distribute to local community projects. This will be allocated through Participatory Budgeting where the community will vote for their favourite projects (in-person on 3rd March 2018, or online).
We are very keen to encourage as many applications as possible, to all three ‘pots’ – small (up to £500), medium (up to £5,000) and large grants (up to £10,000). Applicants can make one application only, so need to consider carefully which fund they apply to.
If it would help you, we would be very happy to offer a speaker to come and speak to your group to try to stimulate ideas. You are most welcome to attend one of our many ‘Support Sessions’ held Monday to Thursday in local venues (12-2 pm and 5-7pm).
Please check out the web site for more details, and to download Guidance Notes and application forms: www.leithchooses.net
Please do feel free to get back to us with any questions or discussion points you’d like to raise.
The £EITH CHOOSES team
Caroline Lamond MSc| Lifelong Learning Service Manager (North East)| City of Edinburgh Council |East Local Office, 101 Niddrie Mains Road Edinburgh, EH16 4 DS | 469 3507 | email@example.com |www.edinburgh.gov.uk | CLD Web: www.joininedinburgh.org